forum

Veltpunch - Crawl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 2:59:17 PM

Artist: Veltpunch
Title: Crawl
BPM: 177.99
Filesize: 5314kb
Play Time: 02:18
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.31 stars, 197 notes)
  2. Hard (4.6 stars, 287 notes)
  3. Insane (4.74 stars, 489 notes)
Download: Veltpunch - Crawl
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap that I made.
I will add some new difficulties/changes later maybe if its approved.

EDIT 1: ok i fixed a couple of things like some of the beats that didnt work out.
If there are any specific things, can you point the areas with defects out?

ok um the other time i sent it and it didnt work and now its my changed version

EDIT 2: Made some small changes

EDIT 3: Made more minor changes

EDIT 4: added normal mode

EDIT 5: Finished normal mode technically (basically i added colors sounds and some fixes)

EDIT 6: Thought everything was too hard to normal is now hard and hard is now insane

EDIT 7: Killed some confusing parts and no rythym parts for hard

EDIT 8: Fixed spacing and crap and added stuff too

listen too mattyu007 and changed the bpm and stuff and changed notes sort of too

thanks to awp!

Thought this had no hope but i loved this so song i gave it a makeover :D i listened to cardnforce too

i didnt like hollowdreams insane or i should call normal mode >.> but i changed some things to crawl

i added crap and made insane have no skip button ~~

more stuff is fixed

added normal!!

lalalala~~

Download: Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee (bLaTzK) [kubu's Insane].osu
Saturos
Timing is definitely off a great deal. Try reworking your map using the timing from this map. viewtopic.php?t=3242
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
I shouldve wrote this a lnog time ago but i fixed a bunch of things as u can see in my bunches of edit marks :|
gamerrox
The most noticeable tings I can find are the timing and sliders. Try tweaking your Offset and BPM to find the most comfortable pace. And from quickly going through Insane, you may want to tweak the sliders a bit more. It may just me be, but the slider lengths are either too slow or too fast to the beat of the song, but again, that could just be me.

And on Insane 2:18:67, you may want to remove the long spinner and add a break time.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
made that break time but i sort of feel ok with my bpm and offset though. Ill change that if another person agrees
K-S-O
I am one to agree that the timing of this beatmap is off. Try changing the BPM to 177.97 and resnap everything.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Tapdancingmetroid
bpm: 178.006
offset: 1,026

After changing that, go to timing -> resnap all notes/recalculate slider lengths.
mattyu007
177.98 BPM
6,443 Offset

Resnap to the 1/2 then resubmit
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
ok i changed things to ure whim matty :D
mattyu007
Guess you forgot to change the timing for Hard :P
awp
BPM 178.01 - I really hate the .01s, but ehhhh whatever.
Offset: 1035

Also, you sure that spinner on Hard needs to be that long? Maybe end it early and throw in a break. Insane should probably start at the same time as Hard but that's not for me to say~

Beatspacing seems good, but naturally the timing's off because of the incorrect sections. Spiff up the timing and we're in business.
gamerrox
xD Mind if I throw in a "WTF" difficulty in there?
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
sure but just dont make it too wtf xD
Card N'FoRcE
I checked it. I came up with
BPM 177,99
Offset: 1017

But I think the problem is not the timing.
I think lots of spacings are terrible and some beat choices are quite wrong, because they make me feel awkward.
The most strange things I found are:
- Hard:
00:32:87 (1) - Maybe should start 1/2 after
00:34:72 (3,4,5) - Same as above.
00:45:18 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - I think it's weird, but I'm not sure
00:50:58 (4,5) - Maybe should be1/2 after
00:53:44 (6) - Very unintuitive spacing
01:14:17 (12) - I think the spacing has to be alike in the combo
01:33:55 (1) - Maybe should start 1/2 after
01:37:94 (2) - Maybe too far
01:42:99 (1) - Maybe should start 1/2 after
01:55:80 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - If this combo follows the voice maybe it should start 1/2 after

- Insane:
00:34:96 (7,8,1,2) - Too early, they don't follow anything as they are.
00:37:66 (6) - Decide if placing it before or after.
00:40:35 (6,7,8) - Should be a little earlier, at half beat.
00:42:71 (10) - same
The list should be so long that i think you resnapped the beats using a wrong snap divisor (maybe 1/6?).
Please, check all that I said and the rest of the insane because there is too much to do...
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
added and fixed many stuffies
HollowDream_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Veltpunch - Crawl (supergarlic) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
ure versions too easy >.>
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
~~
Sinistro
I second 1035 offset. I'm not sure I can discern between 177.99 and 188.01 bpm though, sorry.
Lower the sample set volume from the Audio tab at song setup, these whistles are too loud.

Hard
01:16:20 (14) - I'd suggest making this the start of a new combo instead.
01:22:10 (2) - Completely hiding a slider's path under a previous slider is not allowed. Move the second slider so the player will know there's two of them.
Two minutes of play time without a break is a bit long. Try to put one somewhere around the middle of the 00:33:05 -2:29:18 space. Maybe 01:46:20 (1) is a nice spot.

Insane
With a drain setting of 9, combos with a length like 01:05:40 (1) (21 beats) provide rather infrequent health boosts to compensate. The first combo (45-long!) is way too long for any sort of drain. Try to split all combos in the map currentyy larger that 12-15 circles.
There are a number of circles and slider start and endpoints that aren't correctly snapped to the timeline's ticks (white and red), but since I'm suggesting a change in offset, I won't list them here now. Resnapping and a thorough manual check will fix them, I believe. If not, I'll point out the ones left ;)
00:52:93 (10) - Make this 1/2 longer.
00:58:66 (4) - Make this 1/2 shorter.
01:33:04 (4) - Make this 1/2 longer.
01:36:41 (2) - Make this 1/2 longer.

Normal
...where is it? ;) The two difficulties are a bit hard, so you may have to make another that's more accessible to less experienced players.

Download: DJ YOSHITAKA - Evans (yongtw123) [Muya's Another].osu
show more