forum

[Archived] My game wont start, Keeps crashing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IceZexc
Problem Details:
I've tryed reinstalling the game, i've tryed to do driver/software uppdates. But nothing seems to be working.
I need some help to figure out how I can fix this problem. I've never had this issue before.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/a/W3Pki

osu! version: 20160723
Lacrimosa
When you click on that crying girl, an error log should appear. Copy the contents and paste them here, please.
Topic Starter
IceZexc
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsModeException: Failed to retrieve GraphicsMode, no fitting configurations, error SUCCESS
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q_B0wKl4upNezFoxbLO$u4HnyzDYwF$vGe74jG417KUpIW$DrHh$KVkHu4LSsGHXx.#=qWFpRrFNx7rn$0aWArzcZWg==(Int32 #=qQMnhSUyOFMqjQ1n$3ruuWA==, Int32 #=qLmP11JHDe1ZscyJNr1RFhQ==, GraphicsContextFlags #=q1d714PqID5tHN85MLRalgA==)
at #=qADKvkB9WqpY5ZN1Y8kpAIIscxmiOYD4l8lfiss2GvptYNDkVjNUh1kpRXO_eBoNR.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at #=qcMPBLt$O81VVskQ6Rnn7u1G$Zb8vaZnSuDyKo0IvqJTsTa5hqbBIy7v4PIN8R4Xw.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
Lacrimosa
Do you have the latest .NET Framework version installed? Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Topic Starter
IceZexc
Yes, I just download it, and the game still wont start for me.
Lacrimosa
Hold Shift while trying to launch the game. A recovery dialog should pop up. Are you able to take any actions on that window? If so, enable Compatibility mode.
Topic Starter
IceZexc
I can't change my settings or anything when I hold shift. Since the Oh No! Crash comes upp and it wont start in Compatibility mode either.
Lacrimosa
Go to your osu! folder, and open the file "osu!.YourPCName.cfg" with your notepad. Find the line "CompatibilityContext" and change the value to 1. (e.g. "CompatibilityContext = 1")
Topic Starter
IceZexc
Still dosen't work... I am so sad, I have been taking a break from the game for like 3-4 weeks, wanted to back and I cant get it fixed :(
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure your graphics drivers are properly installed and updated?
Topic Starter
IceZexc

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Make sure your graphics drivers are properly installed and updated?
Every thing is up to date and drivers and everything is installed properly and it still dosent work :3