forum

[Archived] All my beatmaps are gone!!!!!!!!!!(except one)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Problem Details: I was about to play a beatmap when a message appeared on the screen, telling me to press on F5 to refresh because a new beatmap was detected and I did so. Now, all my beatmaps are gone, except one! I had about 630 beatmaps! Even the beatmap I was editing is no longer there. An other problem showed up at the same time: there's no more music! All the other sounds are still there, but no more music! This is really frustrating! Seriously. Does someone know what happened and how I could fix it?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160723 (latest)
Pawsu
Hmm, well, take a look at this. Make sure you didn't mess with that option.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I didn't touch it. Now I have 0 beatmap and I don't know why! When I click on Play and Solo,, I'm redirected on the osu!direct page. And still no music.
Pawsu

pandav wrote:

I didn't touch it. Now I have 0 beatmap and I don't know why! When I click on Play and Solo,, I'm redirected on the osu!direct page.
Well, check it out first. Are you sure you're not on collections either? This is a common problem.

Also, what's in your Songs folder? Are there still beatmaps there?
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I checked the option and it's the same as the image. I'm not on the collection, I'm on the no grouping. For the song folder, I just checked and there's nothing in it. But the music is back, don't ask me why nor how.
Lacrimosa
So...this thread can be marked as resolved?
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Not really. Because the music, what I hear, is back, but my beatmaps are still missing!!! It's the vanishing of my beatmap I was editing that frustrate me the most, 'cause I put a lot of effort in it. Isn't there a location in my computer where they could be? ( It took me a while to answer because I was sleeping)
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you didn't change the installation path, Your songs should be in appdata/local/osu!/songs

Check to see if there are files in there.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
They are not there! I thinK I really lost them forever! This is so frustrating. I know I said that a lot, but it's true! So, I decided to redownload them via osu!direct, but when I start osu! and play solo, there isn't any beatmap at all.
maniaster
Did you try via the beatmap listing on the website?
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I just did and the same thing happens. I wonder why. Does this means I'm no more allowed to play to osu!? Have I done something wrong? Am I kind of... banned? Or something like that?
maniaster
Maybe...
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I'm not joking! Can I still play osu!?
Pawsu

maniaster wrote:

Oh. For a moment, I was sure you Carl... Are you were even a boy? Maybe a girl?

maniaster wrote:

By the way, do I know you? I mean, in real life?
This is offtopic and completely irrelevant. Please stop with the conversation. If you want to talk, PM them.

@pandav, I doubt there's anything wrong with your account, but the only thing I can really suggest is to maybe reinstall...I'm not sure what the problem is anymore, but maybe reinstalling will help. (I know I've said to not reinstall in the past, but this is one of the few exceptions.)
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks for intervening. I'll do as you say, see if it works. And sorry for bothering you like that.
Pawsu
I forgot to mention you should back up your skins (this can be found in osu!/Skins) and your replays (osu!/Data/R - this is a hidden folder so make sure you enable them) and your scores (the file scores.db). If you don't want to, then that's ok, but know that they will be lost after you uninstall.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks a lot! I would have lost that forever? I was just about to uninstall osu! So thanks for warning me so fast. And once again, sorry for the bother.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I'm really sorry for wasting your time again, but how exactly do I enable the osu!/Data/R?
Pawsu

pandav wrote:

I'm really sorry for wasting your time again, but how exactly do I enable the osu!/Data/R?
Here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1 ... ng-windows

pandav wrote:

Isn't there a way to block this post from him? It's really annoying.
Uh, to be fair, they were trying to help.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks a lot, Pawsu. I really hope it'll work. Um.. One last question, if you don't mind: will unistalling osu! bring back my beatmaps?
show more