forum

[Archived] Difficulty stars not showing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe
My thumbnails were messed up (again), so I deleted the osu!.db file, which worked last time, but now the difficulty stars are not showing up for some maps. Anyone know what to do? :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/zFU7b46.png

EDIT: I'm on mac, not sure if this might be causing the problem...
Pawsu
Does f5 do anything? What about just simply clicking on the difficulty?
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe

Pawsu wrote:

Does f5 do anything? What about just simply clicking on the difficulty?
Both things do not work :(
Dntm8kmeeatu
Do you have your maps stored in a custom location?

Might be an idea to read this post.
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Do you have your maps stored in a custom location?

Might be an idea to read this post.
The songs folder is still in the same place as it used to be. And just to mention, only some of my old maps have this issue, so when I download new maps, the difficulty stars are showing correctly. :x
Lacrimosa
Did you try the solution that was said in the post Dntm8kmeeatu mentioned?
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe

Nikosbks wrote:

Did you try the solution that was said in the post Dntm8kmeeatu mentioned?
You mean this?

UncleClapton wrote:

I've tried:
Re-downloading the maps
restarting osu! and Computer.
refreshing the map listing
playing the maps
switching game modes
Tried everything above, except redownloading them all for obvious reasons. Also, the stars are only not showing up in ctb.
sheela
Backup the osu!.db file in the game's installation folder first, try deleting it and open osu! after in order to let the game to rebuild a new file.
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe

sheela wrote:

Backup the osu!.db file in the game's installation folder first, try deleting it and open osu! after in order to let the game to rebuild a new file.
Oh, I did that a couple times and it didn't work, but this time the problem got fixed... Strange..., thanks though. :)

Edit: Actually it's still not fixed, every time I delete the osu!.db file, there are always a few maps that have this issue.. (seems like it's kind of random..)

https://imgur.com/a/NtGBK
Topic Starter
DontKiIIMe
Bump; still got this problem and it's really annoying, can't play half of my maps because I don't know the difficulty. :/