forum

The Wingless - All the World in One Girl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 10:31:50 PM

Artist: The Wingless
Title: All the World in One Girl
BPM: 110
Filesize: 5943kb
Play Time: 02:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.27 stars, 181 notes)
  2. Normal (4.07 stars, 280 notes)
  3. Hard (4.67 stars, 385 notes)
  4. Special (4.94 stars, 527 notes)
Download: The Wingless - All the World in One Girl
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Be thankful you're not playing the original. >_>
I'm thinking of mapping One Girl in All the World also by The Wingless, the counterpart to All the World in One Girl.
And Remix from Super Metroid.

edit: Used Beatspace snapping: 0.8x for Easy ; 0.9 for Normal ; 1.0 for Hard ; 1.1 for Insane
edit2: reduced offset by 20ms
edit3: awp, Rolled and burai (self) changes
edit4: changed one slider awp had mentioned and renamed Insane to Special
edit5: some more awp and Rolled changes
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Offset is late by 10-20ish for me. How 'bout you? Aside from that, I have no problems with this map. At all. Incredible job on this, I could hardly believe it was you who mapped it. =3

I'ma give you bubble, but make sure you check the offset. I could be wrong.
Topic Starter
machol30

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

Offset is late by 10-20ish for me. How 'bout you?
reduced offset by 20ms

I could hardly believe it was you who mapped it. =3
Is that good or bad? :P
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Very good.

I consider this map to be -epic-.

BE HONORED!
Topic Starter
machol30

Very good.

I consider this map to be -epic-.

BE HONORED!
Wow! Thanks! :)
I'm thinking about mapping One Girl in All the World also by The Wingless. An equally awesome remix, but darker and rain elements. Probably after I finish the ones I've got going right now. ;)
awp
Offset 2,226? Or so. You're a bit late at the moment.

Easy:
awesome

Normal:
02:04:42 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and 02:15:05 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Try to avoid bunching all the notes up (such as going from right to left up and down, then turning around and crossing back and forth) because with the score explosions in place there it can become a bit of a clusterfuck.

Poppin bubble for a tiny bit while Rolled checks Hard and insane and then we DP this bitch to ranx
Rolled
doin' some bubble poppin for now :( Sry~

Anyways, lets start insane and work our way down

Insane:
00:23:37 (6) - This is VERY nazi but this threw me off a few times. I think if it were just a few pixels closer it'd be better. It's a bit far on 1.0 Distance's snap's guidelines, anywho.
00:55:96 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I don't like how that's a bit further than the rest. Compress it pls.
(back track)00:52:96 (8,9,10) - Same with that really. Kind of nazi, though.
01:25:14 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This whole section as a whole is spaced pretty poorly. They are all equidistant but the space between each beat is varrying. I'm sorry that I have to kill your pretty pattern, but it should be changed :(
02:04:42 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Same nitpicky spacing issue that I've noted before. Compress a bit
02:19:01 (10,11,12,13,14) - I like the few stacks of 1/8ths that you have in the map, but I'm kind of against the non-stacking of them. Up to you though, I won't be too nazi about that.
02:21:05 (1,2) - Closer to the 3
02:54:60 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Overkill spacing. I would set it at 1.7 at the max. Your current is over 2.0. There will be so many A's on this beatmap simply because of that spacing there, and they will not want to replay it since it is so close to an S score.

Hard:
01:25:14 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Same as insane.
Also as just a general statement, the end before the last break of hard is a bit cluttered with all the 4ths and 8th sliders. If awp or somebody else doesn't mind it though feel free to keep it (excluding hito since she wants your cock)
Topic Starter
machol30
update~
edit3: awp, Rolled and burai (self) changes
awp
Easy:
Didn't check. It was fine before, I'm assuming you didn't fuck it up.

Normal:
Fine~

Hard:
02:18:99 (8) - this 1/8 slider seems useless to me - make it just a note on the quarter imo

Insane:
The eighth notes are a bit much for me (at least the non-stacked ones) but apart from that it's all good.

I still ain't bubbling till you look at that slider !!!
Hitoshirenu Shourai
awp: The slider in hard is there for the awesomeness factor.
awp
A slider that is only 70ms feels sloppy moreso than anything, to me. There is no awesomeness factor and it chokes the audio !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/nazi
Topic Starter
machol30
Update
Fixed that one slider and renamed Insane to Special

Topic Starter
machol30
BUMP
Topic Starter
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Mudkip

I mean bump.

Bug awp to look at this again, I fail at osu. >_>
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Okay tiiiiiiiiny complaints:

Hard/Special:
01:09:99 (6) - move this note a bit to the left more so there's less slider overlap.

Hard:
02:18:86 (7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) - things get a little clusterfucky here. But just a little. Move the notes around more (stay away from backtracking if you can).

Damn it I really wanna bubble this D=
awp
Mmmmm bubble?
Rolled
Not going to pop this, but there are a few things stopping me from ranking this:

Special:
00:58:68 (5,6,7) - kind of unexpected jump
01:03:58 (1), 01:04:81 (1) - both of these streams get a little clusterfucked in the center imo. You need to take a step back to realize wtf is going on, and by that time, you're dead.
02:18:86 (9) - 1/8th streams in any map can die in a fire.

Anyways, said this in IRC but I'll say it again. I don't approve of a lot of these new insane maps making it to ranking status, but that is opinionated. So strongly opinionated that I'm not going to rank this based on that. However I'm not going to make Burai or anybody else change their style based on my preferences, therefor leaving this bubbled unless things I suggested are changed.
Rolled
cool, rolledfixes.

Ranked!
show more