forum

Improve the User Rating System for Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +71
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
An actual thread about this: p/3778795/ t/274737/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We already know the actual system is kinda old, right? This need a rework 8-)
No, really, think on this: (Sorry for bad INGLES)
  1. "No Fail" mod = No Rating Allowed PLEASE (Maybe exception for APP maps)
  2. If you ask me, I would like to be nazi on this and just let the rating for who played once the map without mods, Mods distort how the map really looks (Maybe exception for Hidden)
  3. Stop talking about Map, and start talking about DIFFS, please, make the rating individual for each diff. If you're asking I think osu! can make an average for a "BeatMap rating" after it
  4. This can sound stupid but I'm on fire, Why not make an special rating for BN, QAT etc. This can show the "quality" in redguys eyes
Just saying, osu! have a lot of "haters" and stuff men.
Oh and yeah, maybe the second point will be a pinch on the ass for players who can't pass a hard diff, like me.. :? Then go back and L2P NIGGA not really... maybe add a minum of %
For example, if you can get to the 50%+1 of the diff, then you're allowed to rate it. (Just a fast solution, my brain is dead right now)
Please add Ideas, Suggestions. u'know babe ;*

PD: Mapping Likes are subjetive, I know, everyone have the right to hate a map only because the music, only because the mapper, only because that map doesn't give pp, but, It's enought?
#Blamedax

Counter post: p/5148810/
AncuL
or they can hate a map because that map doesn't give pp (kinda like what was on Tidek's burn this moment because they can't spam the map and it has OD10 unlike c18 or croix)
Bara-
You don't know how much I agree with this
Colin
I agree
Sandy Hoey
Sandy Hoey
Disregard mine, i thought i was writing on a different post lol
-Kanzaki

DaxMasterix wrote:

[*]This can sound stupid but I'm on fire, Why not make an special rating for BN, QAT etc. This can show the "quality" in redguys eyes
Agreed with all but this is stupid as you say.
Underforest
You have my support. Pls, peppy notice this
XinCrin
A oc
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
But nobody came
Constantine
yes
Yohanes
Yes!
ZekeyHache
Take 5 of my precious stars! (╯°□°)╯☆☆☆☆☆
For me, it would be fine to just allow people with at least ONE ranked mapset to let them rate someone else's mapset ;-;
Allowing only BNs/QATs seems like a good idea too!

Here you have my opinion from my user page which I brought you here so you don't have look for it and that, in case you really wanna read it :v
Don't throw shit at me plz

ezek wrote:

When a beatmap gets ranked it can be rated by any user, and I think this is bad. Why? because anyone without any mapping skills can rate it, and they might not know how "good or bad" the beatmap is. Also, people can rate the map based on how much they like the song, and that is EXTREMELY bad since, obviously the rating focuses on the map. I think this rating system should only allow people with at least one ranked beatmap to rate beatmaps; that way they will have enough skill to understand how mapping works and make an educated opinion on their minds about the mapping. How can you let people without any mapping skills rate a beatmap?! What if it's a very fun and enjoyable MAP but people give it a bad rating just because they don't like the SONG?! Think about it...
Bara-
^^
I know that when I got my first ranked map, a lot of people instantly rated 1
At one part the "1" was higher than "9" and "10"
You just see everyone either rate 9-10 or 1, that's just terrible
Seijiro
What about making 2 ratings: one general (where everyone votes as they please) and one "professional" (where only mappers with at least one ranked map, or even just BNs/QATs, can vote)?

The rating itself was created as an indicator of community's appreciation of the mapset. The fact this concept was lost with time is nobody's fault tho.
Bara-
That'd be even better

But... Does that mean my vote counts double? ^_^
pkhg
agree on everything but bn qat thing
also i love if we're able to rate diffs separately, i have favorited some maps only for one diff
Bara-

pkhg wrote:

DaxMasterix wrote:

But nobody came
dont click
Something

agree on everything but bn qat thing
Erhmmmmm...

Pk, please, no
pkhg
y r u linking nsfw stuff thats disgusting
pls keep on topic