forum

[resolved] Osu! circle sounds delayed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DavidBAMF
So once I got my new headsets (Razer Tiamat 2.1) I've been experiencing lag with the circle sounds. I guess the correct term would be delayed. I use Razer Synapse with Surround. I do not experience any sound issues with any other program / game on my computer. My UO (Universal Offset) is on 15 ms. I tried switching off my sound normalizer, bass boost, stereo enhancement, voice clarity, and surround itself, and still wouldn't sound normal. What's there left to do? Does it require me to reinstall osu!?

Looking forward to your replies
VeilStar
Turning surround sound off should do the trick. Are you certain that you're still having this issue (hitsounds being delayed) with it turned off?
Topic Starter
DavidBAMF
Yes I'm certain. I've tried multiple times and the hit circle sound is still delayed. Does reinstalling help? I doubt it..
VeilStar
Reinstalling won't help.

Sounds like surround sound is still on somehow to me, but if it isn't then I'm not sure what to say.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Can you turn off Razer Synapse completely? and your offset is 15ms, that could affect it. Is it 15ms Positive or negative? Try setting to 0
Topic Starter
DavidBAMF

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Can you turn off Razer Synapse completely? and your offset is 15ms, that could affect it. Is it 15ms Positive or negative? Try setting to 0

Razer synapse is just a program for you to edit your audio. I have not edited anything on it except for Surround which can be turned off with 1 click of a button. I play with 15 ms, positive, and have been playing with it for years without any issues. I tried setting it to 0, negative numbers, and high positive numbers, and nothing seems to work. The offset has nothing to do with the problem because what I am experiencing is sound delay from the hit circles.
Topic Starter
DavidBAMF
Case solved. All I had to do with change my audio settings to the speakers I'm using. I appreciate everyone that tried to help.