forum

[Archived] Osu!mania notes skipping at beginning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Piggy
Problem Details:
At the beginning of some songs the notes just jump to a lower spot, as shown in video.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/fJodPy6xuRo

osu! version: 20151128.2 (latest)
Laptop specs in video.
Full Tablet
Check if you accidentally set the Universal Offset in the main menu to a very high value, set it to a value closer to 0.
Topic Starter
Piggy

Full Tablet wrote:

Check if you accidentally set the Universal Offset in the main menu to a very high value, set it to a value closer to 0.

The offset really helps me when playing since my laptop has a very long delay after pressing each key. Is there a way to resolve this issue without changing it? (I have it currently at -215)
Trosk-

EnderPiggy wrote:

The offset really helps me when playing since my laptop has a very long delay after pressing each key. Is there a way to resolve this issue without changing it? (I have it currently at -215)
No, there isn't. -215 is way too much.
BlueLixard

Full Tablet wrote:

Im having the same issue as the guy before, but mines set to 0, and its been really bothering me because it actually makes the game unplayable and no one else understands what im saying when i try to describe the issue, id really like to get a fix on this because i enjoy the game and currently i cant play it.
THAT_otaku
Please don't respond to 5 year old posts, create a new post in the help forum for your issue.
Have a look through this first though and see if this helps wiki/vi/Performance_Troubleshooting
Death
If your universal offset is set to 0, this could be due to the skin you are using as well. Please make a new thread if you still have this issue while using the default skin and you've tried everything in the performance troubleshooting link posted above.