forum

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (feat. Elton John)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lumael
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on quinta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2015 at 21:08:40

Artist: Fall Out Boy
Title: Save Rock and Roll (feat. Elton John)
Tags: pop punk full ver. version Patrick Stump Pete Wentz Andy Hurley Joe Trohman ft. featuring 2013 American Beauty/American Psycho
BPM: 72,5
Filesize: 4404kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dreams (2,22 stars, 321 notes)
  2. Easy (1,36 stars, 141 notes)
  3. Normal (1,61 stars, 196 notes)
Download: Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll (feat. Elton John)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

You are what you love, not who loves you
In a world full of the word yes
I'm here to scream...
NO!

Map & Hitsounds by Me

- Krfawy
- HappyRocket88
-Lemons
My spirit animal is Elton John

• General
  1. You never use normal hitsounds :( you could probably find some nice quiet normal hitstuffs
  2. Maybe consider some different combo colors during the kiai times, like during the non-kiai have it be a little dull like the color of the trees and the snow in the background and during kiai bring in the nice yellow and purple you selected, might look nice

Easy
  3. 00:37:931 (2,3) - 3 sticks out really badly to me just because I feel like it should be a perfect mirror of the shape of 2 like dis http://puu.sh/kXKY1/13fdd2b703.jpg
  4. 00:56:551 (4,1) - The small bit of overlap on 4 looks a bit weird to me
  5. 01:06:069 (4) - Move to 113|135, nazi I know but looks a bit more perfect

Normal
  6. 00:18:069 (3) - I feel like normal players are gonna miss on this note because of this being kinda cramped
  7. 00:53:862 (2) - Maybe move this to the white tick to be a click when he says 'full'
  8. 01:06:069 (5) - same as the other

Advanced
  9. Literally nothing to say phenomenal diff
Topic Starter
Lumael

-Lemons wrote:

My spirit animal is Elton John

• General
  1. You never use normal hitsounds :( you could probably find some nice quiet normal hitstuffs I may add some but I quite like how it sounds using the default skin..
  2. Maybe consider some different combo colors during the kiai times, like during the non-kiai have it be a little dull like the color of the trees and the snow in the background and during kiai bring in the nice yellow and purple you selected, might look nice same, might consider, I just don't find it that important since I guess most of players have custom skins colors desabled

Easy
  3. 00:37:931 (2,3) - 3 sticks out really badly to me just because I feel like it should be a perfect mirror of the shape of 2 like dis http://puu.sh/kXKY1/13fdd2b703.jpg this wasn't supposed to make a mirror :3
  4. 00:56:551 (4,1) - The small bit of overlap on 4 looks a bit weird to me i agree, fixed
  5. 01:06:069 (4) - Move to 113|135, nazi I know but looks a bit more perfect fixed blanket

Normal
  6. 00:18:069 (3) - I feel like normal players are gonna miss on this note because of this being kinda cramped i totally agree with you, but remaking patterns makes me lazier than i'm normally ;w;
  7. 00:53:862 (2) - Maybe move this to the white tick to be a click when he says 'full' drums are more important imo
  8. 01:06:069 (5) - same as the other same mentionedd

Advanced
  9. Literally nothing to say phenomenal diff :D
Thank you for mod!
Spork Lover
This is one of my first mods, so I'm sorry if my mod isn't all that helpful :3

General:
Your map doesn't change much difficulty spike-wise, consider making the distance 0.1-0.2x higher in the last chorus. (Especially applies to normal and dreams diff)

Easy:
00:35:034 (3) - Sliders like this one can feel a little out of the rhythm when used like that. This mostly applies to the verse.

Normal:
00:46:620 (1,2) - I don't know why, but this transition feels a little awkward. Curving 00:46:620 (1) - helped for me.
00:49:931 (1,2) - Same applies here. I'd curve 00:49:931 (1) - a bit.
00:53:862 (2,3) - You should change 00:53:862 (2) - to a small slider.

Dreams:
00:16:827 (1,2) - Consider spacing those two notes, many newer players will choke on the slider.

There's not much to say about those beatmaps, they are very well made!
I hope my mod was of use :)
Topic Starter
Lumael

Spork Lover wrote:

This is one of my first mods, so I'm sorry if my mod isn't all that helpful :3

General:
Your map doesn't change much difficulty spike-wise, consider making the distance 0.1-0.2x higher in the last chorus. (Especially applies to normal and dreams diff) its fine the way it is

Easy:
00:35:034 (3) - Sliders like this one can feel a little out of the rhythm when used like that. This mostly applies to the verse. vocals

Normal:
00:46:620 (1,2) - I don't know why, but this transition feels a little awkward. Curving 00:46:620 (1) - helped for me. i like this pattern :3 but i get your point , might change in the future
00:49:931 (1,2) - Same applies here. I'd curve 00:49:931 (1) - a bit. ^
00:53:862 (2,3) - You should change 00:53:862 (2) - to a small slider. b.. but.. why?

Dreams:
00:16:827 (1,2) - Consider spacing those two notes, many newer players will choke on the slider. i guess it's easy to notice since this is a hard, not a normal as the star rating says

There's not much to say about those beatmaps, they are very well made!
I hope my mod was of use :)
Thank you for mod!
Prismetical
Heya! :3

Overall
- circles a tiny bit smaller at easy, and a little bit bigger at dreams (you know how that works with shift)
- give it more colors ,it gets quite boring with these two colors only

Easy
00:59:862 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would find it better if you split the slider into a sldier and a circle.
01:06:482 (1,2,3) - Fill the break (2)
01:20:965 - ^
02:17:034 - Sounds cooler and makes it more interesting :3

Normal
00:19:310 (5) - Do what you did on 00:17:448 (2,3) -
00:30:896 (2,3) - Could make it better (?)
00:44:138 (2) - ^
01:22:620 (4) - Make that a circle (?)
01:24:276 (2) - Make that a small slider

You can always ask me anything whenever I'm online.
Good luck on getting ranked.
See ya ! :D
Topic Starter
Lumael

Prismetical wrote:

Heya! :3

Overall
- circles a tiny bit smaller at easy, and a little bit bigger at dreams (you know how that works with shift) i don't see a reason whyww
- give it more colors ,it gets quite boring with these two colors only maybe, im lazy :3

Easy
00:59:862 (1,2,3,4,5) - I would find it better if you split the slider into a sldier and a circle. I don't wanna make this harder
01:06:482 (1,2,3) - Fill the break (2)
01:20:965 - ^

why for both?there's nothing on this gap that's why it's there
02:17:034 - Sounds cooler and makes it more interesting :3 im not a fan of double reverses, i got your point, but i don't like double reverses

Normal
00:19:310 (5) - Do what you did on 00:17:448 (2,3) - i don't see it as a problem, just alternating rhythms
00:30:896 (2,3) - Could make it better (?) i love my pattern
00:44:138 (2) - ^ hey what's wrong with this slider, symmetrical stuff gives me cancer
01:22:620 (4) - Make that a circle (?) slider for consistency
01:24:276 (2) - Make that a small slider i feel it's weird to have a 1/4 slider here :/

You can always ask me anything whenever I'm online.
Good luck on getting ranked.
See ya ! :D
Thank you for mod!
nignog9000
Hey there guy, I took a look at your hard beatmap, and it's really good :)

The only thing i could see is at 02:35:862 (1) - how the tick before is empty and a lot of your song doesn't have breaks in the flow like this, i see what you were trying to do but i think that adding a hit circle or doing something to keep the flow going would be nice.

Also i don't know this song but at the end it cuts off kind of abruptly "we won't...." I have no idea if that's how the song actually goes but i'm too lazy to google it :P

Thats about it, this is a really great beatmap and i hope you get ranked :)
Topic Starter
Lumael

nignog9000 wrote:

Hey there guy, I took a look at your hard beatmap, and it's really good :)

The only thing i could see is at 02:35:862 (1) - how the tick before is empty and a lot of your song doesn't have breaks in the flow like this, i see what you were trying to do but i think that adding a hit circle or doing something to keep the flow going would be nice. There's nothing at 02:35:655 - that's the reason I left it unmapped, I couldn't hear any drums there, and I don't like overmapping, it sounds too awkward for me, in fact I always undermap.

Also i don't know this song but at the end it cuts off kind of abruptly "we won't...." I have no idea if that's how the song actually goes but i'm too lazy to google it :P The mp3 was cutted using an editor, this soung originally has around 4:40 minutes, which would be really long to map since I can't make a marathon with that drain time :3

Thats about it, this is a really great beatmap and i hope you get ranked :)
Thank you for mod!
Seijiro
Alright, here's my M4M you asked in my queue.
Since the difference in drain time is huge, feel free to mod only part of my mapset (I know it's a pain to mod such a long song, sorry)

[General]
  1. You don't need "ver." in tags when you already have "version"
  2. You used twice the word "American" in tags

[Dreams]
  1. 00:04:207 (2) - What I want to focus on is the beat at 00:04:413 - . This beat is the only one mapped differently here (on a repeat). The feeling of the repeat isn't the same as of a circle or a slider which starts there, because there is no click on the repeat. Just as a suggestion to give you a little input: try removing the repeat of the slider (do not move it tho), move the slider start at 00:04:413 - and add a circle at 00:04:207 - . See if you like it
  2. 00:14:138 (2) - I'd suggest the same thing for this one. As it is now it kinda fades away, due to 00:13:517 (1,1) - which are the same, yet they follow a different sound (This is a minor thing, but there is indeed a different feeling if you try it out)
  3. 00:23:241 (4) - I don't like 2 things about t his object: 1) He is farther away from 3's end than 1's head 2) That overlap is a first case on this map and it doesn't look that great imo.
    What about stacking it under 3's end? That way the emphasis goes on 1's head and the overlap goes away
  4. 00:35:655 (2) - This time I'd say the repeat quite fits, because those sliders are meant to follow vocals, while the hitsounding is just an accessory thing
  5. 00:40:620 (2) - Same as for 00:14:138 (2) - , mostly for consistency reasons
  6. 00:43:103 (4) - I just noticed this other circle which kinda fits here, or rather, you were almost obliged to use it that way I guess.
    As an option for that pattern, try seeing if removing completely the circle works out for you too. This way you follow better vocals too (Also, probably that note is overmapped, since I don't hear any sound there: the piano played a long note too)
  7. 00:53:862 (2,3) - I guess the overlap is fine here since 3's shape is visible
  8. 00:55:724 (3) - Probably it is just me, but I'd rather Ctrl + G this. The reason is the awkward movement 2 --> 3 : 3's head has a clap, which gives more power to it. The spacing from 2 to 3 is upwards (on the playfield), while 3's shape goes downwards (on the playfield). This weakens the entire clap which feels unnecessary as it is now. That's also because of the constant spacing tho. This problem shouldn't exist anymore in case you use a bigger spacing for it (but this is not the case, so...)
  9. 00:56:551 (1,2,1) - The poor spinner starts on a valuable beat here and 2 feels really overmapped this way too.
    What I had in mind was to remove 2 and give more emphasis to the spinner by adding a repeat on 1, like this
  10. 01:03:793 (2) - Why the clap stands on a slider end? ;w; It really is awkward because that beat is really strong and I feel like clicking it. It is also the only one around like that (beside the other claps standing on repeats)
  11. 01:15:379 (2) - This is the same as before, but seeing that the pattern is so packed, let's say I didn't notice it xP
  12. 01:24:689 - Don't waste the beat! At least put a circle there. With only the spinner start there is almost no meaning
  13. 01:51:793 (2,3) - Again the overlap, but I guess it was just me, since it is constant for the whole map (this doesn't mean I like it tho and you should change it if you can), and also the flow on 3 feels a bit weird... but it's not a big deal, so don't mind me here
  14. 02:17:241 - Another beat wasted... :/
  15. 02:44:138 - Same ^

[Normal]
  1. 00:16:827 (1,3) - Beware of this kind of stack, it's not the best choice to do on Normal diffs. Imo there is not enough time for the player to read it at this level, but I don't have better ideas in mind and since we're talking about a Normal it means that you have to remap quite a bit to make another pattern fit... See what you can do
  2. 00:46:620 (1,2) - Strange snaps should be avoided too :/ A 3/4 snap isn't easy to read for a beginner...
    Maybe remove the repeat from 00:46:620 (1,2) - and add a new slider starting from 00:47:448 -
  3. 00:49:931 (1,2) - Same here
  4. 00:54:069 - The space is waiting for meeeee \o/ Actually no, this break is kinda sudden (even if the instruments stop playing), so I'd suggest using the same slider I suggested above or something else you like
  5. 01:07:310 (2,3,4) - Super-ultra-nazi: they aren't on a straight line :^)
  6. 02:31:724 (2,3,1) - A bit cramped here. Can you move something to make it more linear maybe?
  7. OD is a bit low imo. Dreams difficulty has OD6 which is fine, so I'd set at least OD4 here. Easy has OD2 too, so it would be 2 > 4 > 6 (pretty nice imo)
  8. Same goes for the AR. Imo AR5 is a better choice, both for the gameplay and for the settings : Easy has AR3 and Dreams has AR7.5

[Easy]
  1. 00:06:896 (1) - This object's end is clearly out of the playfield: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3905224 (the repeat arrow is a bit cut as you can see)
    Consider changing it
  2. 00:24:689 (2) - I didn't check this one too, since I didn't expect it, but it is out of the playfield too (or almost, but it is better to be sure)
  3. 02:11:034 (3,1) - Barely inside, but passable I guess

That's all from me :3

GL~
Topic Starter
Lumael

MrSergio wrote:

Alright, here's my M4M you asked in my queue.
Since the difference in drain time is huge, feel free to mod only part of my mapset (I know it's a pain to mod such a long song, sorry)

[General]
  1. You don't need "ver." in tags when you already have "version" yeah but I want it ;w;
  2. You used twice the word "American" in tags one tag is "American" the other is "Beauty/American" cuz it's together i don't think it's a problem

[Dreams]
  1. 00:04:207 (2) - What I want to focus on is the beat at 00:04:413 - . This beat is the only one mapped differently here (on a repeat). The feeling of the repeat isn't the same as of a circle or a slider which starts there, because there is no click on the repeat. Just as a suggestion to give you a little input: try removing the repeat of the slider (do not move it tho), move the slider start at 00:04:413 - and add a circle at 00:04:207 - . See if you like it okay but I want to vary rhythms and I don't see any problem with the current pattern
  2. 00:14:138 (2) - I'd suggest the same thing for this one. As it is now it kinda fades away, due to 00:13:517 (1,1) - which are the same, yet they follow a different sound (This is a minor thing, but there is indeed a different feeling if you try it out) ;w; i don't get why this is a problem, i'm following piano which is the same on the red and white tick
  3. 00:23:241 (4) - I don't like 2 things about t his object: 1) He is farther away from 3's end than 1's head 2) That overlap is a first case on this map and it doesn't look that great imo.
    What about stacking it under 3's end? That way the emphasis goes on 1's head and the overlap goes away oh lol I'd never see this ds inconsistency, changed that, but the overlap is my pleasure
  4. 00:35:655 (2) - This time I'd say the repeat quite fits, because those sliders are meant to follow vocals, while the hitsounding is just an accessory thing :3
  5. 00:40:620 (2) - Same as for 00:14:138 (2) - , mostly for consistency reasons same comment, won't change that
  6. 00:43:103 (4) - I just noticed this other circle which kinda fits here, or rather, you were almost obliged to use it that way I guess.
    As an option for that pattern, try seeing if removing completely the circle works out for you too. This way you follow better vocals too (Also, probably that note is overmapped, since I don't hear any sound there: the piano played a long note too) i like this overlap dude, i don't see it as a problem :/ I have a ranked gd with this pattern so it shouldn't be a problem here
  7. 00:53:862 (2,3) - I guess the overlap is fine here since 3's shape is visible '-'
  8. 00:55:724 (3) - Probably it is just me, but I'd rather Ctrl + G this. The reason is the awkward movement 2 --> 3 : 3's head has a clap, which gives more power to it. The spacing from 2 to 3 is upwards (on the playfield), while 3's shape goes downwards (on the playfield). This weakens the entire clap which feels unnecessary as it is now. That's also because of the constant spacing tho. This problem shouldn't exist anymore in case you use a bigger spacing for it (but this is not the case, so...) everyone says this but i hate the other way :/
  9. 00:56:551 (1,2,1) - The poor spinner starts on a valuable beat here and 2 feels really overmapped this way too.
    What I had in mind was to remove 2 and give more emphasis to the spinner by adding a repeat on 1, like this i really preffer my rhythm, i'm sorry, I don't see why the spinner needs more emphasis, it's just a spinner :/
  10. 01:03:793 (2) - Why the clap stands on a slider end? ;w; It really is awkward because that beat is really strong and I feel like clicking it. It is also the only one around like that (beside the other claps standing on repeats) i agree with you, i did this to alternate patterns, i may change this in the future if it start to be a problem for ranking
  11. 01:15:379 (2) - This is the same as before, but seeing that the pattern is so packed, let's say I didn't notice it xP e.e
  12. 01:24:689 - Don't waste the beat! At least put a circle there. With only the spinner start there is almost no meaning i'd like to keep this hard as simple as possible that's why I let the spinner shine alone
  13. 01:51:793 (2,3) - Again the overlap, but I guess it was just me, since it is constant for the whole map (this doesn't mean I like it tho and you should change it if you can), and also the flow on 3 feels a bit weird... but it's not a big deal, so don't mind me here overlap is my pleasure and i won't change them for no1 but qats :3
  14. 02:17:241 - Another beat wasted... :/ yeah dude, for the same reason
  15. 02:44:138 - Same ^ ^

[Normal]
  1. 00:16:827 (1,3) - Beware of this kind of stack, it's not the best choice to do on Normal diffs. Imo there is not enough time for the player to read it at this level, but I don't have better ideas in mind and since we're talking about a Normal it means that you have to remap quite a bit to make another pattern fit... See what you can do i'm reluctant to change this, I agree with you, and I thought of this while mapping, but i have to remap a lot for that '-'
  2. 00:46:620 (1,2) - Strange snaps should be avoided too :/ A 3/4 snap isn't easy to read for a beginner...
    Maybe remove the repeat from 00:46:620 (1,2) - and add a new slider starting from 00:47:448 - assuming it's a normal, who plays this kind of diff should read this without any problems
  3. 00:49:931 (1,2) - Same here i may change but as explained b4 i may not change as well
  4. 00:54:069 - The space is waiting for meeeee \o/ Actually no, this break is kinda sudden (even if the instruments stop playing), so I'd suggest using the same slider I suggested above or something else you like buuut but but this is a 1/1 gap sir
  5. 01:07:310 (2,3,4) - Super-ultra-nazi: they aren't on a straight line :^) i tried to fix!
  6. 02:31:724 (2,3,1) - A bit cramped here. Can you move something to make it more linear maybe? i like it :3
  7. OD is a bit low imo. Dreams difficulty has OD6 which is fine, so I'd set at least OD4 here. Easy has OD2 too, so it would be 2 > 4 > 6 (pretty nice imo) fixed
  8. Same goes for the AR. Imo AR5 is a better choice, both for the gameplay and for the settings : Easy has AR3 and Dreams has AR7.5 fixed, im horrible with settings

[Easy]
  1. 00:06:896 (1) - This object's end is clearly out of the playfield: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3905224 (the repeat arrow is a bit cut as you can see)
    Consider changing it fixeed!
  2. 00:24:689 (2) - I didn't check this one too, since I didn't expect it, but it is out of the playfield too (or almost, but it is better to be sure) this one is fine
  3. 02:11:034 (3,1) - Barely inside, but passable I guess hopefully

That's all from me :3

GL~
Thank you for mod!
Krfawy
#KRZYŻ
HappyRocket88
wao that was fast. o-o
Topic Starter
Lumael

Krfawy wrote:

#KRZYŻ
TY!

HappyRocket88 wrote:

wao that was fast. o-o
:3
hent2222
<3
Mekki
CARALHO VAMO LÁ PORRA, TAMO QUASE RANKEANDO ESSE MAPA, VAMO JOGAR NA CARA DA SOCIEDADE DPS Q RANKEAR good luck with the rank :)
Topic Starter
Lumael
Bns... please notice me!
HappyRocket88
yoo... placeholder

Lumael, are you online? rather be an irc xd
Topic Starter
Lumael

HappyRocket88 wrote:

yoo... placeholder

Lumael, are you online? rather be an irc xd

Aw I just logged out because my mother complained :/ Can't get in again today
HappyRocket88
we did a mini irc about flows and positions stuffs. nothing big.
show more