47 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4  next
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,105 posts
Buny wrote:
i'm guessing if peppy implemented this and planned to save replays, the server storage would have to be increased a lot as there are going to be 2x more replays saved

honestly though, people don't even check the top 50, and top 100 will just devalue the worth of a top score

Exactly this, I don't think enough people look past top 8 lol, but I guess we'll let the stars decide.
Rhythm Incarnate
703 posts
Myke B wrote:
Buny wrote:
i'm guessing if peppy implemented this and planned to save replays, the server storage would have to be increased a lot as there are going to be 2x more replays saved

honestly though, people don't even check the top 50, and top 100 will just devalue the worth of a top score

Exactly this, I don't think enough people look past top 8 lol, but I guess we'll let the stars decide.

osu! is growing though, yet the high score list has only moved from 40 to 50 despite its massive growth of users over time.
The value of getting a top score has increased heavily from 2011.
Rhythm Incarnate
626 posts
buny wrote:
completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod

Its easy alright. But how about those people who can't go to the top 50, especially the newbie once. GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS!
Tempo Trainee
14 posts
I totally agree! PEPPY IMPLEMENT THIS PLEASE
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
(I want to give you star, but I don't have one) I really need this!
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
Top 100 would be fair.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,105 posts
Quote:
osu! is growing though, yet the high score list has only moved from 40 to 50 despite its massive growth of users over time.
The value of getting a top score has increased heavily from 2011.

yea, but most of the top 50 replays on maps today are all the same mods, DTHD or HDHR. It would just be 50 more of the same replay really lol. Unless people start getting really good, and can do HDHRDT on a lot of maps, then I don't see this changing.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,621 posts
Hi_Hello wrote:
buny wrote:
completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod

Its easy alright. But how about those people who can't go to the top 50, especially the newbie once. GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS!

If you can't get top 50, you probably can't get top 100 either.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,457 posts
Hi_Hello wrote:
buny wrote:

why not put a handicap on every map also?
top 50s need to be worked for, not for everybody to have.

when there are more players there is also more competition
Rhythm Incarnate
818 posts
I honestly thought this was for web only.

I think it's better if the top 50 remained in-game and the top 100 can be shown on the map's page.
Global Moderator
9,234 posts
other alternate is using the Global Ranking (Selected Mods) options
Spinner Sage
151 posts
I don't think this is necessary, unless if osu!Bancho can handle load that is required for top 100.

Each top 50 global ranking load in-game uses approximately 1.5Mb of internet usage, while other types of ranking uses less to none.
If it is moved to top 100, then that load would double, including how many more replays will be saved to the server.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,255 posts
Completely useless. You will barely feel bad if you ranked #100 -_- like come on. It is a bit depressing for you to get in top #100 of the map. Plus, if you cant get in to the top #50 of the map. Then your not worth for the rank in the map. Suggest to practice more. And ftw this is another way to compete! People dont wanna placed on a #100 rank in a map oh c'mon guys top #100 seriously? Raise your foot if you want to be placed on top #100 in a map. People probably want to place higher in the maps ranking, But to do that, that means hardwork and practice. Do you think people placing rank #10 #30 #45 just a newbie ? Ofc not they practice so they are worth placing to that rank. Please bare with it.

Also there's a bright side in this request. That is IF peppy want to be more environment friendly in this game.
Rhythm Incarnate
626 posts
You know that this is only a suggestion. Don't be mad at me.
Rhythm Incarnate
626 posts
If you don't agree with this, well that's ok. Its only a suggestion.
Reply 47 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4  next