forum

Top 100 for every map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
Topic Starter
Sakary
Due to the growing population of osu! players, maybe it's time to show the hundred best players of every beatmap.
Trash Boat
mmm.. not bad idea. lets see what the rest say
deadbeat
there was top 400 which that got removed. personally i think top 50 is fine
WingSilent
100 would be more fine then.
~Star
buny
completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod
Lust
if you cant get in to the top 50, then focus on improving your play rather than focusing on getting high ranks so that top 50s come naturally
TheVileOne
I agree. It is very difficult to get in the top 50 on standard ranking list. You need at least a 2 Mod FC to get in the top 50 on the average map that's not unreasonably hard to play with two mods. If peppy is interested in creating a more newbie friendly environment, then it would be a good thing to consider this idea as it will make newbie players feel more important when they get a good rank, and will make them feel like the road to making it to a top list spot is more achievable.
Myke B

buny wrote:

completely unnecessary. If you can't get a score in the top 50 then you don't deserve to have your score publicised in global rankings

personally i think top 50 is easy enough as it is because most maps you can get into it with just 1 mod
I agree, plus that means more replays, which requires more space and money. Not sure how much more space though.
Trash Boat

Myke B wrote:

I agree, plus that means more replays, which requires more space and money. Not sure how much more space though.
em, money?
buny

Trash Boat wrote:

Myke B wrote:

em, money?
i'm guessing if peppy implemented this and planned to save replays, the server storage would have to be increased a lot as there are going to be 2x more replays saved

honestly though, people don't even check the top 50, and top 100 will just devalue the worth of a top score
Winek
I totally agree. *star*

(Most of the time i land around #80 :cry: )
Bauxe
Won't people then just keep asking for more and more scores to be displayed if this is implemented?
yurunneram
I'm pretty sure peppy allows only 50 cuz most people have slow computers and increasing the rank feed for every single song you have downloaded would kill most of the computers ._.
deadbeat

Myke B wrote:

plus that means more replays, which requires more space and money
Simple solution would be to not have ranks 51-100 have an online replay :p

buny wrote:

honestly though, people don't even check the top 50
i don't know about everyone, but i barely ever look past the top 8 on the global scoreboard. quite close to just denying this request to be honest :(
buny

deadbeat wrote:

Myke B wrote:

plus that means more replays, which requires more space and money
Simple solution would be to not have ranks 51-100 have an online replay :p
there's no point of it being in the global rankings for everybody to see if you can't watch the replay though
Myke B

Buny wrote:

i'm guessing if peppy implemented this and planned to save replays, the server storage would have to be increased a lot as there are going to be 2x more replays saved

honestly though, people don't even check the top 50, and top 100 will just devalue the worth of a top score
Exactly this, I don't think enough people look past top 8 lol, but I guess we'll let the stars decide.
NixXSkate

Myke B wrote:

Buny wrote:

Exactly this, I don't think enough people look past top 8 lol, but I guess we'll let the stars decide.
osu! is growing though, yet the high score list has only moved from 40 to 50 despite its massive growth of users over time.
The value of getting a top score has increased heavily from 2011.
Topic Starter
Sakary

buny wrote:

Its easy alright. But how about those people who can't go to the top 50, especially the newbie once. GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS!
-Koquer
I totally agree! PEPPY IMPLEMENT THIS PLEASE
twwprod
(I want to give you star, but I don't have one) I really need this!
show more