forum

Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, June 08, 2009 at 4:14:28 AM

Artist: Rascal Flatts
Title: What Hurts the Most
BPM: 136
Filesize: 5666kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.45 stars, 319 notes)
  2. Normal (2.59 stars, 219 notes)
Download: Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
pretty pretty pretty
Mashley
Yeah this can have a star. Good song choice.
Jarby
Raise volume on all sections slightly. Needs more angst.
Shinde
How do you whip something this sexy up in one night? T_T; Lol. God, if this had more difficulties, I think you could rank it right on the spot. That makes me sad with how long I spend on my stuff.

BPMs and Offsets all good, I was getting like 6ms early average. If you're hitting a little early too then maybe -# a bit. Spacing, beat timing, SB, Hitsounds, Color and BG selections, all look hot.

I think the hitsounds are probably the only thing that could use some work on if you want to Nazi it, and I'd ask SFG or Mog about that, cause the current ones worked for me.

Star'd. =( Also, Lol JJJ.
Yuukari-Banteki
[Hard]
00:29:73 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - take what you did to 1 and do it to some other notes too where it fits ;P
00:46:49 (5) - ;-; i was going to ask you to put a finish here but...theres already one its just not audible....
01:35:02 (5,9) - feel like they could use hitsound
02:11:20 (6) - see 00:46 T_T
02:59:73 (9) - HAH! i finally found a place i wanted a finish that you didnt already have one that i couldnt hear. u-u so there~
03:09:45 (5) - incorrect bpm and whats the point of the last over 9000 timing sections? ...okay there is very little point in fading out a slider like that unless youre changing samplesets but w/e
lol epic drain

T_T song makes me emo
Topic Starter
Rolled

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Hard]
00:29:73 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - take what you did to 1 and do it to some other notes too where it fits ;P Maybe. I'll think about it
00:46:49 (5) - ;-; i was going to ask you to put a finish here but...theres already one its just not audible.... turned it up, and most/all the other finishes you mentioned.[b]
01:35:02 (5,9) - feel like they could use hitsound [b]okay I'll think about this too

02:11:20 (6) - see 00:46 T_T
02:59:73 (9) - HAH! i finally found a place i wanted a finish that you didnt already have one that i couldnt hear. u-u so there~
03:09:45 (5) - incorrect bpm and whats the point of the last over 9000 timing sections? ...okay there is very little point in fading out a slider like that unless youre changing samplesets but w/e Mmmm the BPM slowed down a bit at the end, but it only lasted like 4 seconds. I figured I could just make the offset a bit later and it would even out nicely and I think it does. The slider may hit a bit early, but the window is large enough for it not to matter. Also lol silly SFG, the timing sections make each tick softer volume duh ;P.
lol epic drain

T_T song makes me emo

Shinde wrote:

BPMs and Offsets all good, I was getting like 6ms early average. If you're hitting a little early too then maybe -# a bit. Spacing, beat timing, SB, Hitsounds, Color and BG selections, all look hot.
I agree with the offset. I -5'd it.
RemmyX25
Normal:
I'm thinking that the hitsounds could be just a tiinnyyy bit louder. Not every section, but there are some parts where the music really overpowers the hitsounds, and it sounds bad imo.

Hard:
I hate country. With a firey passion. This map made it somewhat bearable. Just leaving that here. Double check the hitsound volume as well though.
Henkie
Ok... I will need to nazi mod this, since everything looks good when playing and when running in the editor once.
Grid 3

[Normal]
00:24:44 (4) - Move this slider 1 square down and 1 square to the right to allign it with (2) and ofcourse fix the rest of the combo (this will also allign (7) with (3) yay :U)
00:55:32 (1) - Allign with (3)
01:02:82 (3) - The distance between (2) and (3) is different than the one between (1) and (2) [move (3) 1 square to the left, or 1 square down]
02:06:35 (3) - ^ but [move (3) 1 square to the left, or 1 square up]
02:56:20 (3) - ^ You get the idea

[Hard]
00:43:40 (7) - What about moving this note 2 squares up, and 3 or 4 squares to the right(it will make a better "shape" of those 4 notes)
01:02:16 (1,2,3,4) - Maybe you can make the same "shape" like you did (6,7,8,9) of the same combocolor?
01:36:57 (8) - The distance between slider end (7) and slider start (9) with this note differs, move (8) 3 squared down to fix this

All I could find, these are all just suggestions, you don't have to change this all, but it just looked better this way to me.
Nice song and map D:
Star
Topic Starter
Rolled
@Henkie: No idea how you notice stuff like that :P I fixed the majority of it though.

Remmy/JJJ: Okay, enough people have requested it. I turned a bunch of the hitsounds up a bit.

Also, I'm not a fan of country at all really either. This just happens to be 1 of the 2 country songs that I actually like, and foul made me remember the song somehow. So obviously I had to map it ^___^
Henkie

Rolled wrote:

@Henkie: No idea how you notice stuff like that :P I fixed the majority of it though.
Eheh yea u.u" I can only seem to notice such things when it's someone else's map
eee
naz-eeemod GO!!!

[Normal]
01:34:14 (2,3) - you can stack this???
02:39:44 (6) - ^
02:45:83 (2,3) - ^
03:03:484 (timing section) - this is placed exactly on the note, so you know, it doesn't count if you hit it early, I was told to move them back. . . . mmmyeah
03:09:459 () - ending samplesets are cool

[Hard]
00:19:36 (8,9,10) - idk, move this closer to (7)???
01:19:36 (1) - idk, move this closer to (2)???
01:50:02 (6) - idk, stack???
01:50:24 (7,8,9,10) - idk, move closer to (6)
03:03:484 (timing section) - YES, seee, this timing section works here, but not in [Normal]
idk, idk, idk, idk, I think this mod was VERY naz-eee-ish (especially the stackingz). . . so yeah, probably the only thing to be done is the 03:03:484 (timing section) in [Normal]

now to finish this star limit stuff, now go rank
0_o
Beautiful song, beautiful map.
Alace
Timing: OK
Spacing:fine
Hitsounds:Awesome
the last slider lol
Welcome to join Green lines club XD
bubbled
Topic Starter
Rolled

eee wrote:

naz-eeemod GO!!!

[Normal]
01:34:14 (2,3) - you can stack this???
02:39:44 (6) - ^
02:45:83 (2,3) - ^
Not sure what you mean by these. They are stacked?

now to finish this star limit stuff, now go rank
I changed the timing section, but that was all. As long as I use distance snap I don't really make the 1 grid modding changes and stuff just because I'm against nazi modding in general and think it's a waste of time. Also, I wasn't sure what you meant about the stacking in normal difficulties.

Also also, I think this is a double post. Whoops. Sorry for missing your post originally though eee.
Derekku
Both difficulties are very well done. The only things I think could be improved are a few more hit sounds, and possibly raising the volume of them in spots. Here's some random spots on Hard:

02:11:20 (6) - Maybe claps on this?
02:13:41 (1,2,3,4,5) - Clap on one or two of these perhaps
01:04:36 (6) - From here until the break add something

Maybe go back through and see? I dunno, it's almost 2am and I'm tired :?

It really doesn't matter. I truly don't give a crap about hit sounds, unless there's none or too many.

Anyway, *star*
anonymous_old
I see no flaws in the map itself.

The storyboard is great, and I love the accented words.
However, all the texts don't share the same baseline (they move up and down between lines). Not a big deal though.
What may be an issue is that at the end of the song the text is "To do" whereas the other occurrences of this line show "To Do".

Star. <3
Topic Starter
Rolled

strager wrote:

I see no flaws in the map itself.

The storyboard is great, and I love the accented words.
However, all the texts don't share the same baseline (they move up and down between lines). Not a big deal though.
What may be an issue is that at the end of the song the text is "To do" whereas the other occurrences of this line show "To Do".

Star. <3
Thanks for noticing the accented words :) Good eye.

Also yeah, I'm aware they're all not at the same base. It could have been fixed rather easily but I was just too lazy to go into the .osb. Since you noticed it though, I will fix it :P

Also, good eye again with that last To do thing. I didn't even realize that. Will fix asap.
anonymous_old

Rolled wrote:

Thanks for noticing the accented words :) Good eye.

Also yeah, I'm aware they're all not at the same base. It could have been fixed rather easily but I was just too lazy to go into the .osb. Since you noticed it though, I will fix it :P

Also, good eye again with that last To do thing. I didn't even realize that. Will fix asap.
Sadly I don't have "good ear" or "good finger" to play osu! nicely with. =[
m980
I'm not really sure what strager meant but i have no problem with the map AT ALL.
tieff
Amazing map and song.
show more