forum

[resolved] Osu! unable to obtain graphics context

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
QcBlastar13245
Cant play Osu!cuz it keep crashing need help and why it keep crashing D:
Also tried restarting PC but it didnt do anything.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/QcBlastar13245/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNjQ2MzE3MjQ=/?ref=
Dntm8kmeeatu
What graphics card do you have? Are your drivers fully updated?

Are you using 32bit color depth?
Topic Starter
QcBlastar13245
Processor: intel(R) core(TM) 2 duo CPU
Adapter: intel(R) Q33 Express Chipset Family
Chip: intel(R) GMA 3100
yes im using a 32bit color depth
yes my drivers fully updated
Guess no one can help me on this,i will not be able to play Osu! until i get a new PC :(
Dntm8kmeeatu

QcBlastar13245 wrote:

Guess no one can help me on this,i will not be able to play Osu! until i get a new PC :(

True.

Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.

Please Note: This older version of the game is no longer supported. Online features could be disabled at any point in the near future, including score submission. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your GPU so that it supports the minimum requirements for current and future versions of the game.
Topic Starter
QcBlastar13245
Tried both ways to get Osu! to start,both didnt work T-T
Osu! started to crashed right after the youtube being down incident.
Dntm8kmeeatu

QcBlastar13245 wrote:

Tried both ways to get Osu! to start,both didnt work T-T
Osu! started to crashed right after the youtube being down incident.

Did you restart your computer?
Topic Starter
QcBlastar13245
Yes,i said it on my first post
Dntm8kmeeatu

QcBlastar13245 wrote:

Yes,i said it on my first post

If your computer can not run osu! fallback something is seriously wrong with your computer, drivers, or windows install. Can't really help you further.
Topic Starter
QcBlastar13245
God damn it i really need to buy a new computer in order to play Osu!
show more