forum

[Proposal] Silenced slider slide/tick hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZekeyHache
get rid of it before it lays eggs
ghm12
I actually wonder why this is not a thing yet.
Definitely yes.
Xinnoh
yehaj
Mir
separate the blending stuff or something but otherwise yeah, agree this should be a guideline
pkhg
just a normal user passing by
_handholding
I don't want to see this change
Kibbleru
YES PLEASE
Cheri
yes
- Frontier -

Hailie wrote:

yes
squirrelpascals
BIG agree
mancuso_JM_
It's ok to have them as a guideline.

There are circumstances that silenced sliderticks and sliderslide are the best option.

So yeah, I agree with it. But make sure to don't make a full difficulty with both things silenced.
Garden
can agree that more flexibility should be given
Nitrous
Yes. It always make beatmaps sound weird.
UndeadCapulet
please yes yes please
Topic Starter
pishifat
ok as expected nobody's opposed

this is the wording for the future guideline:
  • You should not silence both slider ticks and slider slides together. Silencing both for small sections or single objects can be appropriate, but doing so for a whole map will result in a disqualification.

so it basically includes the "exhaustive reasoning" allowed for breaking the guideline in the actual wording. moving to guidelines isnt gonna be a free pass to ignore it under all circumstances sorry :(
Nitrous

pishifat wrote:

ok as expected nobody's opposed

this is the wording for the future guideline:
  • You should not silence both slider ticks and slider slides together. Silencing both for small sections or single objects can be appropriate, but doing so for a whole map will result in a disqualification.
so it basically includes the "exhaustive reasoning" allowed for breaking the guideline in the actual wording. moving to guidelines isnt gonna be a free pass to ignore it under all circumstances sorry :(
I don't see the reason as to why you can't silence the whole map. There are ranked sets that mute the slider slide and/or tick hitsounds of the entire map and it hasn't caused any problems and in my opinion, has made it audibly better.
Fycho
Yes
Saltssaumure
Yes
Caput Mortuum
Yes
- Frontier -

Nitrous wrote:

I don't see the reason as to why you can't silence the whole map. There are ranked sets that mute the slider slide and/or tick hitsounds of the entire map and it hasn't caused any problems and in my opinion, has made it audibly better.
I agree with Nitrous, some songs like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/549354 might be better to silence the slider slide and slider tick together for the whole map.
Topic Starter
pishifat

- Frontier - wrote:

I agree with Nitrous, some songs like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/549354 might be better to silence the slider slide and slider tick together for the whole map.

i mean uhh that map doesn't even have sliders long enough to support sliderticks so being muted isn't relevant lol. if it had sliders longer than 1/1 they'd deserve unmuted ticks since there's sounds each beat

better to think of "slide and tick muted through the whole map" in terms of a map that has sliders with ticks throughout it, like anything with tick rate 2. if there's a bunch of ticks passing over sounds and they're all muted + sliderslide isn't present, you're doing something wrong
Topic Starter
pishifat