My Ramen bowl blew up.

posted
Total Posts
show more
lukewarmholiday
EVERYBODY HATES ME
Topic Starter
WinterVines
I don't hate you, just so you know :) I'd even cook ramen for you in my new ramen bowl.
awp

WinterVines wrote:

I'm usually about fast and easy food, being slightly poor and all (college life man...;()
I am the exact same way minus the slightly poor part. I just prefer fast and easy food. I like the taste more.

Ramen today didn't go so well. Was too lazy to use a meat base, had no cheese to give it texture...it was mostly just sliced onions, and various spices. Those chilis were too hot D=

I got this handy little kettle thing. It's got a removeable strainer lid. It's awesome when it comes to cooking KD and/or Ramen.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
Yeah, I'm not exactly poor either, but I will be when my loans need to be paid on. Seriously, why does studying to be a game designer cost so much? Figures.

I want that kettle thing. I like chilies too. And putting cheese in it. And other stuff to put in it. I even have a ramen cookbook with like 200 some recipies in it. Pretty nifty. It's sad. My diet probably sucks, but at least it tastes good.
awp

WinterVines wrote:

Seriously, why does studying to be a game designer cost so much? Figures.
Are you on crack? Oh gawd the competition for jobs in the video gaming industry is cutthroat. I hope for your sake that you're A - overqualified, B - driven beyond all hope, and C - capable of starting your own business.

Unless you live not where I live (oh, I'm not telling where~) and the market competition isn't shittier than Rolled's beatmapping song choice.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
Last time I checked I was crack-free (but does sugar count?). True, the market is pretty serious. Doesn't mean it has to cost and arm and a leg. I did eventually want to make my own business if I could, but it's not necessary. I do have a slight advantage being a woman in the technology feild, but I'm not banking on that. I'll just have to be the best there is. That's all. :)

Market's pretty decent here anyway. If not, I'll go out to the west coast or something, provided they're not still in a slump.
awp
Well, here's to hoping. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I imagine it'd be a pretty fucking sweet job. But as much as I enjoy coding videogame engines, I hate having to code for other people (this might be a property of WHAT I have to code for other people) so without any first-hand experience I can't be sure.
Echodancer
Mostly, I do maruchan and add pork and stuff, since I don't know how to make real ramen :( .

Maybe someday I will be cool enough to actually make real ramen...
Topic Starter
WinterVines
True. I'll hope and try for the best, I guess. (Ha, a rhyme x.x) You have to like what you do, I suppose. Would it be better if you coded your own stuff? Maybe you should make a company. I'd probably support it.
awp
I think it'd be easier for me to just sponge off peppy, Inc.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
True enough. I won't argue with that.
lukewarmholiday
Hell not even experience and qualifications will get you anywhere.(anywhere worth being)

You have to be amazing at selling yourself and your work too. Then some people are just flat out more creative than others.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
Yeah, I'll probably need all the luck in the world to even get noticed. It's all about who you know anyway, and judging from my popularity meter...I'm pretty much doomed. I'll keep at it though, seeing how that's all I can do anyway. I suppose all the sales training from my job might come in handy actually.
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
Probably. I don't know many people though. I'll figure something out. The sooner the better. If I stand out in class, maybe some of my teachers will tell people they know.
James
random hi
Topic Starter
WinterVines
Well hello. Somehow we got from starting out, to ramen, to college. How I love the randomness.
awp
Actually if you take a look at the intermediary trains of thought, it really wasn't random until James popped in. But let's not worry about that; I'm sleepy and have to get back to work.
Topic Starter
WinterVines
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Topic Starter
WinterVines
It just alerts my email when I get a reply. Since I'm sitting at my computer 98.2% of the time...yeah. I get stuff fast. Since I was going to sleep soon, I responded right away. :)