forum

How to change the audio file of an already mapped beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yomie
I made a beatmap with a song that's around 4 minutes long. I didn't know how long I wanted the map to be so I just used the whole song when I brought the file into osu. I only mapped the first half of it and the audio bitrate is too high. Is there anyway to change the audio file I used to map the song?
Your Good Self
Method 1
When the audio file to be changed isn't currently used (osu! is playing another song or isn't running at all), open the song folder and overwrite the old audio file with the new one.
You won't need to change anything in the .osu files themselves.

Method 2
Copy the new audio file into the song folder with a different name. Open all relevant .osu files with a text editor. One of the first few lines should be "AudioFilename", edit that field from the old file name to the new one. Make sure that the change is done across all difficulties and delete the old audio file from the song folder after everything is done.
Topic Starter
Yomie
Thanks so much! I had tried the first method before with a different beatmap while the song was playing (which obviously didn't work), and didn't even think to try it while osu! wasn't running.

Thanks again!
Kitikat101
But... How do you overwrite the file? I don't even see that option in the dropdown menu...
Endaris
File -> Open Song folder
Then you're in the folder of the beatmap and can replace the mp3 as explained in Method 1 by Your Good Self after closing osu!.
The name of the new audio has to match the one of the new one exactly here.
TLAizaakZtriker
And how do you switch song for another difficulty? Like you want to make a "pack" and the difficulties have therbown songs and beatmaps.
Rivals_7

TLAizaakZtriker wrote:

And how do you switch song for another difficulty? Like you want to make a "pack" and the difficulties have therbown songs and beatmaps.

open osu in notepad and rename "audio.mp3" to a corresponding audio name for each difficulty you have