forum

I installed osu! 3 times (cuz i'm just that retarded)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SirAsian
Hi there, when I just started osu!, the stable (latest) version wouldn't work for me (because my 7 year old graphics card couldn't support it), so I decided trying to install the game again, forgetting to uninstall the previous one. This one also wouldn't work (because I installed the exact same download link). Forgot to uninstall this one too. Then, I decided to install using the old installer. This time, it worked because it brought me directly to stable (fallback), which I have been using the entire time.

However, I recently remember the other 2 osu!'s that I installed, and I heard that when you uninstall osu!, it deletes all your beatmaps. Now I'm not sure whether to just leave them there or risk uninstalling the 2 latest versions, and hoping that as long as I had one osu! installed, it would save my beatmaps.

Should I risk uninstalling the 2 extra osu!'s? Attached screenshot below:

https://prnt.sc/gp4ni4
Endaris
Open a map in the editor.
Go File -> Open Song folder
Click into the address bar and navigate to the rootfolder of the osu!installation.
Copy+paste that osu!folder onto your desktop.
After that, feel free to uninstall them through the Windows System Control stuff (idk what it is in english) because you got a backup of everything then.

Generally speaking, I think you could just uninstall them without anything bad happening but it is better to make a backup and try after that.
Also, please direct technical questions like this to 5 in the future.
Topic Starter
SirAsian
Okay, thank you very much! (Again, since you've been answering most of the questions I post on this forum lol) I appreciate the help