forum

{Solved}Beatmaps audio does not work in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyyMinda
Hello,

I was trying to make a beatmap, i did some of it and then took a lil break i saved it and uploaded just in case and closed osu. When i was going to make more of the map i noticed that the audio isn't playing. Yes i did check my volume everythings fine. The audio file works while playing with a media player. I looked up some things in the internet and i found something about the audio file's title being too long or whatever. I also noticed that i have 2 audio files for some reason.. One has japanese letters in it and then the title in english, the other one has only the title in english. .osu file while opened with text editor shows the one without japanese letters.. One little thing i noticed is that there's a space before ''- evil...'' (title) and i was trying to change the name, go to properties, remove all the titles and albums and all that. i tried to make a sperate audio file that i redownloaded from the same source and tried to put that space there but it did not let me. Anyways i have no idea what to do to fix this, help would be appreciated, thanks.

Here's the beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/596620

Solution: Rename audio file so that it would start with the letter while osu is closed. Then rename ''audio name:" in .osu file (you can find it in osu editing>file>open .osu in notepad) to the same name that the audio file is now.
Thanks to Endaris
Endaris
for anyone reading this thread with the same problem: p/4664722