posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster
Still looking. :?
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster
Still need help, I guess no one has any ideas.
XPJ38
Are you sure your copy of osu! isn't corrupted? Tried putting osume.exe in a folder and running it to redownload everything?
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

XPJ38 wrote:

Are you sure your copy of osu! isn't corrupted? Tried putting osume.exe in a folder and running it to redownload everything?
I have tried this several times.
peppy
So osume works correctly?
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

peppy wrote:

So osume works correctly?
Osume works at home, and so does osu.
The problem is that when I bring it to the computer lab it no longer works.
peppy
Does osume run from the flash drive
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

peppy wrote:

Does osume run from the flash drive
Yes it does, it is blocked while at school, though.
While at home I can run Osume and update it, which I have done multiple times. While at school, Osume will run, but not update.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster
Boomp
Nathanael
Have you tried playing on the computer where the other person got it work?
Its possible that the computer has no restrictions or he/she removed it by himself/herself.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

Nathanael wrote:

Have you tried playing on the computer where the other person got it work?
Its possible that the computer has no restrictions or he/she removed it by himself/herself.
Permissions are defined by your account.
Your account has the same permissions on all computers.
I tried different computers, and it was the same result.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster
Bump again.
peppy
Bumping ain't gonne get you anywhere unless you provide more information. Trust me.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

peppy wrote:

Bumping ain't gonne get you anywhere unless you provide more information. Trust me.
I have tried to provide as much information as possible.
I can attempt to make a video of it with my phone, but if I do that I won't talk in it because there's like 50 people in there.
I want to get this resolved extremely badly, so I will make the video tomorrow and upload maybe later tomorrow.
FrzR
When you said you carried over your osu! folder through USB to the Computer in a Computer lab, it might be that the computers there were secured by the OS or any other app that rejects any access to the USB. The computer may recognize and identify the device, but restricts access to the files inside your device meaning you can't do anything after that. I had this in my University i'm attending. We tried adding some games from my friend's usb to play when bored or the professor isn't around but we failed.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster

Fr33z3R wrote:

When you said you carried over your osu! folder through USB to the Computer in a Computer lab, it might be that the computers there were secured by the OS or any other app that rejects any access to the USB. The computer may recognize and identify the device, but restricts access to the files inside your device meaning you can't do anything after that. I had this in my University i'm attending. We tried adding some games from my friend's usb to play when bored or the professor isn't around but we failed.
Then explain how someone else got osu! to work. I am going to try something new. I will make my own installer for osu, and then I will attempt to run it because the osu installer doesn't work on their computers but other installers do work.
Topic Starter
SpaghettiMaster
Problem fixed!
I have no idea what fixed the issue.
I just opened osu like I was before and it worked!
Thanks for trying to help, but it seems there was nothing to fix.
rukkus
try using the desktop shortcut. if that doesnt work, then it is impossible. me? im at school now and its working fine.

P.S: if you use a school provided take home pc, then you can play osu where ever you are, its just that you cant do multiplayer.
Pawsu
don't bump 3 year old threads. it's already been resolved :p
Puffleman765
Just change the installation route to your flash drive and your done. Hoped it helped :D
Dntm8kmeeatu

Puffleman765 wrote:

Just change the installation route to your flash drive and your done. Hoped it helped :D
Read

Pawsu wrote:

don't bump 3 year old threads. it's already been resolved :p