forum

Hitomi Harada - eternal feather

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
irc discussed this issue, this should be fine now.
to next BN I need to update something so plz don't heart this now
Wafu
Had a discussion with Bakari and Okorin and I got a sort of an agreement with them. There were some more things mentioned and we mostly agreed that ignoring all of the possible options makes a little sense here. I won't speak for them to avoid inaccuracies, they're free to come here with their own version. Here are some issues that were brought up during the discussion, or whatever I noticed after a more thorough inspection of the map.

Red = Not allowed/potentionally causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[Hard]
  1. Part 00:03:187 - to 00:10:075 - is using many prolonged sliders that do not end on any sound. While I don't consider that a big issue, it doesn't make a sense for it to give the same feedback as objects that are actually mapped to the music. Therefore, the volume should be adjusted accordingly. This is a minor change, but can easily improve the quality of the map and give a more pleasant feedback. The sliders end on such places that create rhythms that are not usual in music and are rather random, making it sound confusing for that reason. Lowering the volume would be enough.
  2. 01:07:631 (1,2,3) - Very similar to above. Adjusting the volume would be just enough to prevent this problem.
  3. 00:06:520 - This sound doesn't need to be ignored as it's quite more significant than 00:06:631 - .
  4. 00:06:742 (1) - This object is significantly off-beat. It is about 30ms earlier than it's supposed to be.
  5. 00:07:186 (2) - Same as above. The circle is about 30ms earlier.
  6. 00:08:075 (5) - Same as above, although the circle is delayed now. It's later about 20ms.
  7. 00:08:521 (1) - This slider is way too early. It's about 80ms earlier than any peak sound in the song.
  8. The part 00:03:187 - to 00:10:075 - is using quite loud sliderticks, I would say they should be a bit lower in volume. They're probably as significant as hitnormals, this should be a bit more balanced.
  9. 00:19:187 (1) - The change from constant 1/1 spam doesn't seem to make much sense here. The swap strictly to the strings seems to be rather random.
  10. 00:35:186 (1,1) - These sliders don't seem to be snapped to the vocals correctly. As there are only vocals (and violin that starts after them), you'll need to fix the timing here because it's a clickable object. There are many more, I recommend you to go through the whole vocal part to check any inaccuracies.
  11. While the spinners 02:04:202 (1,1,1) - were made to end on actual sounds, 02:07:938 (1,1,1) - suddenly started to ignore it. It would be more sensible to keep it consistent and fit to the song.
[Pata-Mon's Normal]
  1. There is relatively a big issue regarding the spread. The Hard difficulty is primarily based on a lot of clicking, it contains 140 circles and 122 sliders, Normal contains 31 circles. Hard utilizes 1/1, 1/2 and 1/4 patterns and all of them actively in a relatively significant count. Meanwhile, the Normal is quite constantly filled with 1/1 patterns and several 1/2 patterns, most of which not consisting of circles. That means Normal is introducing 1/2 rhythms, but Hard is already a pretty advanced difficulty that doesn't introduce 1/4 rhythms, it is significantly filled with them which means that you are expected to be skilled in 1/4 patterns. Such a big gap in technique usage is not a sign of a good spread. I could advise making Normal a bit harder, using more 1/2 patterns and much more circles.
  2. The structure could look a lot more polished, but that's not my concern now.
Generally, most of the custom hitsounds are nearly inaudible, making almost no impression. I highly recommend you to take a look at the volume of the files. I tried to increase the volume by a bit and it sounded much more rich than currently. Didn't even notice most of the hitsounds before. It's up to you, but it's still an issue that the hitsounds are barely audible.

Popping this because there are some unrankable issues and other major issues that could be harmlessly fixed. Please, try to answer every point accordingly with proper and sufficient reasoning. Good luck.
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

Wafu wrote:

Had a discussion with Bakari and Okorin and I got a sort of an agreement with them. There were some more things mentioned and we mostly agreed that ignoring all of the possible options makes a little sense here. I won't speak for them to avoid inaccuracies, they're free to come here with their own version. Here are some issues that were brought up during the discussion, or whatever I noticed after a more thorough inspection of the map.

Red = Not allowed/potentionally causing DQ
Bold = Mostly important, partially subjective, address this properly
Regular = Subjective opinion, try it out but don't obey my opinion if yours is essentially different

[Hard]
  1. Part 00:03:187 - to 00:10:075 - is using many prolonged sliders that do not end on any sound. While I don't consider that a big issue, it doesn't make a sense for it to give the same feedback as objects that are actually mapped to the music. Therefore, the volume should be adjusted accordingly. This is a minor change, but can easily improve the quality of the map and give a more pleasant feedback. The sliders end on such places that create rhythms that are not usual in music and are rather random, making it sound confusing for that reason. Lowering the volume would be enough.
  2. 01:07:631 (1,2,3) - Very similar to above. Adjusting the volume would be just enough to prevent this problem.
  3. 00:06:520 - This sound doesn't need to be ignored as it's quite more significant than 00:06:631 - .
  4. 00:06:742 (1) - This object is significantly off-beat. It is about 30ms earlier than it's supposed to be.
  5. 00:07:186 (2) - Same as above. The circle is about 30ms earlier.
  6. 00:08:075 (5) - Same as above, although the circle is delayed now. It's later about 20ms.
  7. 00:08:521 (1) - This slider is way too early. It's about 80ms earlier than any peak sound in the song.
  8. The part 00:03:187 - to 00:10:075 - is using quite loud sliderticks, I would say they should be a bit lower in volume. They're probably as significant as hitnormals, this should be a bit more balanced.
  9. 00:19:187 (1) - The change from constant 1/1 spam doesn't seem to make much sense here. The swap strictly to the strings seems to be rather random.
  10. 00:35:186 (1,1) - These sliders don't seem to be snapped to the vocals correctly. As there are only vocals (and violin that starts after them), you'll need to fix the timing here because it's a clickable object. There are many more, I recommend you to go through the whole vocal part to check any inaccuracies.
  11. While the spinners 02:04:202 (1,1,1) - were made to end on actual sounds, 02:07:938 (1,1,1) - suddenly started to ignore it. It would be more sensible to keep it consistent and fit to the song.
[Pata-Mon's Normal]
  1. There is relatively a big issue regarding the spread. The Hard difficulty is primarily based on a lot of clicking, it contains 140 circles and 122 sliders, Normal contains 31 circles. Hard utilizes 1/1, 1/2 and 1/4 patterns and all of them actively in a relatively significant count. Meanwhile, the Normal is quite constantly filled with 1/1 patterns and several 1/2 patterns, most of which not consisting of circles. That means Normal is introducing 1/2 rhythms, but Hard is already a pretty advanced difficulty that doesn't introduce 1/4 rhythms, it is significantly filled with them which means that you are expected to be skilled in 1/4 patterns. Such a big gap in technique usage is not a sign of a good spread. I could advise making Normal a bit harder, using more 1/2 patterns and much more circles.
  2. The structure could look a lot more polished, but that's not my concern now.
Generally, most of the custom hitsounds are nearly inaudible, making almost no impression. I highly recommend you to take a look at the volume of the files. I tried to increase the volume by a bit and it sounded much more rich than currently. Didn't even notice most of the hitsounds before. It's up to you, but it's still an issue that the hitsounds are barely audible.

Popping this because there are some unrankable issues and other major issues that could be harmlessly fixed. Please, try to answer every point accordingly with proper and sufficient reasoning. Good luck.
no change for now, as we could not control the sound produce errors. when the actual red line is correct, and certain instruments got slightly unsnapped, we go with the intended rhythm instead of adding a new line.
this type of issues i have discussed a lot in my previous map sets. when they does not affect playing, we go with the intended rhythm.
even in the opening of izetta, that 1/7 snap according to pishi adding new red lines on these strange beats is against the will of the sound producer.
I will ask pishi for confirmation about this case again.
it is clear that we want to do our best to catch the producer's idea, but when the unpredictable situation happens, we go with producer's original wills and go for playability.
gap is fine. btw
regarding the sliderend, I believe I have explained to you enough. reduced volume for sliderend is not a option for me on mapping, they are either muted or with full sound, when sliderends are not overlapping or stacking with the next item, in my theory they should have their full volume. this is not a big issue because we just have a different theory.
Kibbleru
try this timing

@wafu i think 00:35:187 (1,1) - is fine imo, the first part is a piano part so it makes sense for the bpm to vary a bit, however here the vocals were clearly not intended to be off time, and the synth is on time here as well, so its fine to just follow the normal bpm here
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
updated timing, fixed all things that we agree, kept spread because it is surely fine, kept sliderend, but reduced the overall volume in the first section. the reason I have explained to you very well, I hope and I believe you could understand that.
the timing at the end is also confirmed.
00:19:187 (1) - that string swap is not random it is intended with good design.

@wafu I think all your concerns has been addressed. I wonder if you have any other concerns about this set?
Wafu

Shad0w1and wrote:

no change for now, as we could not control the sound produce errors. when the actual red line is correct, and certain instruments got slightly unsnapped, we go with the intended rhythm instead of adding a new line. this type of issues i have discussed a lot in my previous map sets. when they does not affect playing, we go with the intended rhythm.
If multiple people can agree on that, I'm fine with that, but it wouldn't make sense to click something that is clearly off.

Shad0w1and wrote:

gap is fine. btw
I explained you exactly all the problems with the gap in one, thorough paragraph. "gap is fine" is seriously not a justification for a low quality spread.

Shad0w1and wrote:

regarding the sliderend, I believe I have explained to you enough. reduced volume for sliderend is not a option for me on mapping, they are either muted or with full sound, when sliderends are not overlapping or stacking with the next item, in my theory they should have their full volume. this is not a big issue because we just have a different theory.
I'm not giving you theory, I'm giving you facts. I base the argument on logic and music studies, not feelings. Something that doesn't logically make sense and especially is so easy to fix without giving any bad impression during the gameplay cannot be justified with a theory that sounds are supposed to be only full or muted, which on its own doesn't make logical sense.

Go through the whole post once again, you didn't respond to 3 points at all.
Otherwise, I'm relatively fine with the timing now.
Yuii-
Hello! Got poked to check the two lower difficulties.

I mean, I am totally fine with the spread. Only thing I must complain about is 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - on Hard. This pattern makes a huge difficulty gap in terms of rhythm. Could you please replace these for 2 sliders instead? It would be way more lenient.

(Also why are 00:54:297 (4,5) - these stacked but 00:56:075 (4,5) - are not :( ).

Generally, most of the custom hitsounds are nearly inaudible, making almost no impression. I highly recommend you to take a look at the volume of the files.
The whistle hitsound is extremely annoying in kiai. It sounds super loud and it really does not reflect the song at all. Please, consider reducing its volume.
Okoratu
was asked to post my opinion
as a 3 diffspread i don't think this thing works too well lol

the normal is minimalistic if you compare it to the things hard and insane map
in fact hard and insane almost do the same things while normal is like sitting there doing half as many things as hard

like you could easily fit a diff between the two that would actually make sense in a spread lol
i can see the problems you could have with buffing the normal so maybe that's a way out of that

the skills required to play the normal and then the skills expected in hard are at completely different levels while people that can play the hard can probably easily pass the insane as well
and i think that's the thing wafu has issues with
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

Yuii- wrote:

Hello! Got poked to check the two lower difficulties.

I mean, I am totally fine with the spread. Only thing I must complain about is 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - on Hard. This pattern makes a huge difficulty gap in terms of rhythm. Could you please replace these for 2 sliders instead? It would be way more lenient.

(Also why are 00:54:297 (4,5) - these stacked but 00:56:075 (4,5) - are not :( ).

Generally, most of the custom hitsounds are nearly inaudible, making almost no impression. I highly recommend you to take a look at the volume of the files.
The whistle hitsound is extremely annoying in kiai. It sounds super loud and it really does not reflect the song at all. Please, consider reducing its volume.

Okorin wrote:

was asked to post my opinion
as a 3 diffspread i don't think this thing works too well lol

the normal is minimalistic if you compare it to the things hard and insane map
in fact hard and insane almost do the same things while normal is like sitting there doing half as many things as hard

like you could easily fit a diff between the two that would actually make sense in a spread lol
i can see the problems you could have with buffing the normal so maybe that's a way out of that

the skills required to play the normal and then the skills expected in hard are at completely different levels while people that can play the hard can probably easily pass the insane as well
and i think that's the thing wafu has issues with
reduced volume for whistles.
tbh I could not feel anything wrong with the spread, the objects have a significant difference because we have different mapping length.
the objects count is not used to measure the difficulty.

====
(Also why are 00:54:297 (4,5) - these stacked but 00:56:075 (4,5) - are not :( ). :arrow: because one with vocal, one without.
I mean, I am totally fine with the spread. Only thing I must complain about is 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - on Hard. This pattern makes a huge difficulty gap in terms of rhythm. Could you please replace these for 2 sliders instead? It would be way more lenient. :arrow: it is fine when you actually play that, anyone who could play an hard can get this right, it is hard difficaulty anyways.
Koiyuki
fine spread imo too.

Another thing i wanna mention is 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - in hard, 1/2 ds with 3/4 rhythm is quite sudden.
just a quick look <3
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

Koiyuki wrote:

fine spread imo too.

Another thing i wanna mention is 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - in hard, 1/2 ds with 3/4 rhythm is quite sudden.
just a quick look <3
this one is because the two sliders will hint enough for players on that 01:40:964 (1,2) -
<3

=====
oh, one more thing, hard diff players usually use mouse, their only weakness is aiming. as long as there is no big jump, single tap is not even considered hard pattern for hard players. that is why that is not even a difficulty spike, we should not consider DT players in this case
Wafu

Shad0w1and wrote:

objects count is not used to measure the difficulty.
The longer drain time in Hard added literally 7 circles. I am not using object count as the only argument, it is certainly one of the things that ARE used to measure the difficulty. There are many factors that you need to consider and that's what I did. I personally think you could fill that one difficulty between these two, but maybe others don't think so.

If majority will consider this as a balanced and high-quality spread, then feel free to proceed. That's why I'm trying to get here a few opinions and it would be nice if we could have a few more of these because whereas some of us consider it to be fine, some of us consider it to be a major issue.
Pentori
Xinely
asked for spread here

imo its kinda questionable, because somehow its ok but somehow it isnt. imo it wont be hurt to change some sliders with few circles (i guess having 40would be good), also for hard 01:26:742 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - is quite hard and breaking spread when normal diff has 1/1 sliders only, and rhythms on hard basically same like Insane so nerfing that would be good

- 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Hard diff i think players in hard diff usually get confuse to read 1/3 rhythms especially when all are circles and spacing is different with 01:40:964 (1,2) - so imo http://puu.sh/tZGi1/e3e4f7dfb8.jpg is more friendly for players (especially no easy diff here which means normal diff is Normal- ) , if the mapper agree then Insane diff should nerf the 1/3 circles jumps
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

Xinely wrote:

asked for spread here

imo its kinda questionable, because somehow its ok but somehow it isnt. imo it wont be hurt to change some sliders with few circles (i guess having 40would be good), also for hard 01:26:742 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - is quite hard and breaking spread when normal diff has 1/1 sliders only, and rhythms on hard basically same like Insane so nerfing that would be good

- 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Hard diff i think players in hard diff usually get confuse to read 1/3 rhythms especially when all are circles and spacing is different with 01:40:964 (1,2) - so imo http://puu.sh/tZGi1/e3e4f7dfb8.jpg is more friendly for players (especially no easy diff here which means normal diff is Normal- ) , if the mapper agree then Insane diff should nerf the 1/3 circles jumps
explained the second one: p/5813869

the first one was nice, got that fixed, now spread should be fine!
Kibbleru
after talking to the mapper it seems like you guys came to a conclusion and timing and spread issues were fix, so i guess there's no reason to delay it any further?

SPOILER
20:13 Shad0w1and: hi kibb, so may i ask you to bubble my set xc
20:14 Kibbleru: is wafu ok with it yet
20:14 Shad0w1and: yes
20:14 Shad0w1and: and i even nerfed that after
20:14 Shad0w1and: now the spread is even better
20:14 Shad0w1and: 2.99 -> 2.88
20:16 Shad0w1and: changed 01:23:186 (1) - 01:26:742 (1) -
20:16 Shad0w1and: from triplet
20:19 Kibbleru: metadata is correct?
20:19 Shad0w1and: wafu double checked
20:19 Shad0w1and: I did check that as well
20:20 Shad0w1and: p/5801835
20:20 Kibbleru: 00:08:053 (5,6) - whistles? :o
20:21 Kibbleru: well its up to u
20:21 Shad0w1and: well does not matter imo
20:22 Shad0w1and: actually i prefer the current
20:22 Shad0w1and: let me update a minor change
20:22 Kibbleru: 01:16:742 (2) - space it a bit further from the slider will ya ;d
20:22 Shad0w1and: imperfect stacking
20:23 Shad0w1and: ok
20:24 Kibbleru: btw did u check these snappings 01:40:964 -
20:25 Kibbleru: nvm
20:25 Kibbleru: seems correct
20:25 Shad0w1and: uhm yeah
20:25 Shad0w1and: fixed that spacing
20:25 Shad0w1and: 1.3x should be fine now
20:28 Kibbleru: r u ok with changing some stuff in hard diff for the guy
20:29 Kibbleru: i just have 2 things 01:42:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - could use bigger spacing maybe since its 2/3 snap
20:29 Kibbleru: and i find 01:47:186 (3,3) - kinda unecessary
20:30 Kibbleru: and its inconsistent from what he does from the first half of the kiai
20:30 Kibbleru: but mostly i dont think its necessary to map such quiet sounds
20:30 Kibbleru: just using a triplet like before would be fine
20:31 Kibbleru: other than that its all good
20:31 Kibbleru: o wait
20:31 Shad0w1and: well that one actually fun to play xc
20:31 Kibbleru: the volume here lol 00:13:853 -
20:31 Kibbleru: is only 30%
20:32 Shad0w1and: ohhhhh
20:32 Shad0w1and: i copied that red line xc
20:32 Shad0w1and: yeah
20:32 Kibbleru: lo
20:32 Kibbleru: also in insane diff too 00:13:409 - this is on 30%
20:32 Shad0w1and: uhmmm
20:33 Shad0w1and: ok will fix that
20:33 Kibbleru: anyway imo u could at least make the 2/3 part a bit larger distance wise
20:34 Shad0w1and: uhm ok
20:34 Kibbleru: 1.0 will be good
20:35 Shad0w1and: ok
20:36 Shad0w1and: fixed all and updated
20:37 Shad0w1and: 01:47:186 (3,3) -
20:37 Shad0w1and: this one i think it is fine
20:37 Kibbleru: k
20:37 Kibbleru: uhm
20:37 Kibbleru: is romanized title supposed to be lowercase?
20:37 Kibbleru: eternal feather, not Eternal Feather?
20:38 Shad0w1and: no
20:39 Shad0w1and: lower case
20:39 Kibbleru: wait why is it the translated name instead of yukyu no tsubasa tho o-o
20:39 Shad0w1and: because in ost it only has english name
20:39 Shad0w1and: in opening it is japanese
20:39 Kibbleru: hm
20:40 Kibbleru: did u discuss this with someone o-o
20:40 Shad0w1and: p/5801313
20:40 Shad0w1and: p/5801703
20:40 Shad0w1and: should be the best solution
20:42 Kibbleru: ok
20:42 Kibbleru: imma rebub then
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
thanks meme help!
thanks dad
smallboat
Qualified
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
谢谢船爷。
Thanks everyone.
NewRulerNA
maybe the romanised title is incorrect?

JP:wiki - ef - a fairy tale of the two.
(『悠久の翼』は英語に直して「eternal feather」になる)
would be "eternal feather" if translate "Yuukyuu no Tsubasa" into English.
so I think "eternal feather" is not official title. then should be "Yuukyuu no Tsubasa". what do you think?
Wafu

NewRulerNA wrote:

maybe the romanised title is incorrect?

JP:wiki - ef - a fairy tale of the two.
(『悠久の翼』は英語に直して「eternal feather」になる)
would be "eternal feather" if translate "Yuukyuu no Tsubasa" into English.
so I think "eternal feather" is not official title. then should be "Yuukyuu no Tsubasa". what do you think?
Please, don't refer to Wikipedia, but to official sources. The romanisation is correct.
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
This song does not have a Japanese title, it only has an english tile and a japanese translation. or you cant explain why all 5 ef songs are named e*** f***
in ost, you cant even find japanese translation attached to the song.