forum

[Archived] All my beatmaps are gone!!!!!!!!!!(except one)

posted
Total Posts
show more
maniaster
Did you try via the beatmap listing on the website?
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I just did and the same thing happens. I wonder why. Does this means I'm no more allowed to play to osu!? Have I done something wrong? Am I kind of... banned? Or something like that?
maniaster
Maybe...
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I'm not joking! Can I still play osu!?
Pawsu

maniaster wrote:

Oh. For a moment, I was sure you Carl... Are you were even a boy? Maybe a girl?

maniaster wrote:

By the way, do I know you? I mean, in real life?
This is offtopic and completely irrelevant. Please stop with the conversation. If you want to talk, PM them.

@pandav, I doubt there's anything wrong with your account, but the only thing I can really suggest is to maybe reinstall...I'm not sure what the problem is anymore, but maybe reinstalling will help. (I know I've said to not reinstall in the past, but this is one of the few exceptions.)
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks for intervening. I'll do as you say, see if it works. And sorry for bothering you like that.
Pawsu
I forgot to mention you should back up your skins (this can be found in osu!/Skins) and your replays (osu!/Data/R - this is a hidden folder so make sure you enable them) and your scores (the file scores.db). If you don't want to, then that's ok, but know that they will be lost after you uninstall.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks a lot! I would have lost that forever? I was just about to uninstall osu! So thanks for warning me so fast. And once again, sorry for the bother.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
I'm really sorry for wasting your time again, but how exactly do I enable the osu!/Data/R?
Pawsu

pandav wrote:

I'm really sorry for wasting your time again, but how exactly do I enable the osu!/Data/R?
Here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1 ... ng-windows

pandav wrote:

Isn't there a way to block this post from him? It's really annoying.
Uh, to be fair, they were trying to help.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Thanks a lot, Pawsu. I really hope it'll work. Um.. One last question, if you don't mind: will unistalling osu! bring back my beatmaps?
Pawsu

pandav wrote:

Thanks a lot, Pawsu. I really hope it'll work. Um.. One last question, if you don't mind: will unistalling osu! bring back my beatmaps?
No. You will lose your beatmaps also (but you said they weren't in your osu! folder anyways..?) but I'm hoping this will fix the problem with initially downloading the beatmaps.
Topic Starter
pandav_old

Pawsu wrote:

pandav wrote:

No. You will lose your beatmaps also (but you said they weren't in your osu! folder anyways..?) but I'm hoping this will fix the problem with initially downloading the beatmaps.
What I meant was if it would bring back the beatmaps I've lost already. Thousand thanks!
Pawsu

pandav wrote:

What I meant was if it would bring back the beatmaps I've lost already.
No - those would be lost aswell. Like I said, you already claimed that they aren't in your osu! folder so I doubt there's anyway you can recover them. By the way, please avoid double posting. Simply edit your previous next time.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Ok. I'll be careful with that.
Topic Starter
pandav_old
but I'm hoping this will fix the problem with initially downloading the beatmaps.
It did!!! Thank you a lot! At least, I can now download beatmaps again. It's finally over. Phew!
Bara-
My god maniaster
If you want to troll go to "General Discussion", or even better, go to "Off-Topic" (or even better, not post at all)

Pandav, did reinstalling fixed it? Are the maps visible and playable now?

One more thing I'm curious about, do you know one of the songs you had which you couldn't play? Try searching for that folder in your PC (C:// maybe) and see if it got installed into a different folder
Topic Starter
pandav_old
Yes, it did. I can download beatmaps again and play to them. That's a big relief. I really don't know what happenned. Now, if you mean the songs I lost, I do remember some of them. Um... it' probably obvious, but where is the folder C:// ? Sorry for not answering earlier. I was at my friend house.
maniaster
Hey! Pandav. Sorry for what I said, but I thought you would have recognized me and knew that I was joking, espescially when I wrote "Carl", because I'm Carl, you know ,from your english class? We were friends, remember?
Dntm8kmeeatu

maniaster wrote:

Hey! Pandav. Sorry for what I said, but I thought you would have recognized me and knew that I was joking, espescially when I wrote "Carl", because I'm Carl, you know ,from your english class? We were friends, remember?

This could have been explained in a message on the website or somewhere else. The help forum is not a place for jokes. Please stop posting here unless it actually relates to the issue.

This goes for everyone.
Topic Starter
pandav_old

maniaster wrote:

You were bullying me. I don't ever want to talk to you again. Now, does someone know where's this C:// folder? Bara-?

Edit: Never mind, I found it, but my lost songs are not there and I can't find them anywhere else. But it's ok. I've already redownload the songs I remembered. Thank you all for your help.