forum

CtB hit lighting, combo colors: 0,0,0 added back.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +144
Topic Starter
Lyra
Like, I know this is a small complaint, but I liked this. Before, if you set your combo colors to 0,0,0 (normally black), instead of showing up as black, it would just be gone entirely. It was a lot less distracting this way, in my honest opinion. Like, I get that it makes sense to be there as black, but what if we added a way to have it back? Similar to how the hyperdash image RGBA in skin.ini has a Alpha. What if that was added for combo colors, so we could set the last value to 0, so no combo lighting would appear. Obviously, this would mean that your fruits should already have color in them, or else they'll appear as transparent. But I think this would be a nice addition for people who legitimately enjoyed not having a light pop up all the way to the top of the screen (exaggerating) each time they hit one note (at high combos).

tl;dr: Before, if you set combo colors to 0,0,0; you would have no hit lighting appear above your catcher. As of a recent patch, this was removed. I would like this to return, but maybe in another form, like adding an alpha, so it would have to be 0,0,0,0
iiyo
I agree
Razor Sharp
Agreed!
Bara-
Feature requests?
Can someone move this thread to there?
Deif
Moved to the appropriate subforum.
Topic Starter
Lyra

Deif wrote:

Moved to the appropriate subforum.
Thanks Deif. I wasn't exactly sure where to put it considering it mostly pertained to CtB and wasn't entirely a feature request. Although I guess it really was in a sense, since I'm asking to add back in something that was taken away.

Thanks again.
Smudge
It would be nice to have these independent of the normal combo colors, I play standard on occasion (and spectate a lot), and I don't want to switch between skins.

Something like:

[CatchTheBeat]
HitLightingColor: 0,0,0
Granger

smudgerox wrote:

Something like:

[CatchTheBeat]
HitLightingColor: 0,0,0,0
FTFY.

RGBA would allow us to set the transparency.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Granger wrote:

smudgerox wrote:

Something like:

[CatchTheBeat]
HitLightingColor: 0,0,0,0
FTFY.

RGBA would allow us to set the transparency.
Oh please. Support! <3 :D
iSandRocks
man that hit light is so annoying