forum

Hyperhidrosis

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
If anybody else out there has hyperhidrosis; how do you deal with it? Usually about half way through a song the pen in my right hand will start to slip out and I will usually be in an awkward position by the end of the song. I haven't really made or done anything to prevent this besides washing my hands with cold water before the start of a song.
Vuelo Eluko
hold it a bit tighter idk
u hover right?
Mackie
my hands dont sweat tho but during half game i start getting an akward posistion with my mouse and it feels like its about to fall off. what i do is just find a different approach of gripping my mouse and it usually works. i dont hold on too tight to mouse but when i do during the game it feels like my hands is about to slip.

i just ordered a tablet so i dont what will happen to my grips and hand posistion when i use the tablet.
B1rd
Wash your hands with warm water and soaop before the song.
uzzi

B1rd wrote:

Wash your hands with warm water and soaop before the song.
This is what I usually do. After the first time doing this, the problem shouldn't be too persistent.
nooblet
This happened to me as well. My solution was folding and wrapping a single ply of toilet paper around the pen. Kinda acts like a grip, soaks up the sweat, and it's not too different in terms of the feel, unlike adding a real grip (which won't soak sweat, so it still might get slippery). It wears out after a few hours so you'll have to change it when it does.

Could also try elastic bands, I've heard that works too.
Bauxe
Literally a thread about this yesterday...

Bauxe wrote:

I actually had this issue. My solution: Get a soft paper (paper towel, toilet paper, whatever) and wrap it around the pen.

edit: also a dragger
Oinari-sama
After switching to the osu tablet, I got used to locking my index finger at the buttons for extra stability.

I always have a wet towel nearby for a quick wipe during breaks.
iderekmc
u could use some gloves xD or as i do i dry my hands in my pants or shirt in pauses there are usually more than 1 in every song xD
GoldenWolf

iderekmc wrote:

u could use some gloves xD or as i do i dry my hands in my pants or shirt in pauses there are usually more than 1 in every song xD
There are no breaks in my maps, get rekt
Syden
I ripped the button out of my intuos pen to solve this problem. now my finger can grip onto the hole.
Foneza

Syden wrote:

I ripped the button out of my intuos pen to solve this problem. now my finger can grip onto the hole.
:l No, you don't do that to a INTUOS pen. Seriously?? Anyway. Instead of washing my hands, Ill just put some body powder on my hands to prevent sweating before I play.
jawnmewn
i had serious issues with my pen grip due to sweaty hands and the button getting in the way, so i grabbed the grip of a pilot dr. grip pen, stuck it on there, and it's been working great. i use an intuos CTL 480.
iderekmc

GoldenWolf wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

what kind of maps are those xD
iderekmc
ah also u can use climbing powder
nooblet

iderekmc wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

what kind of maps are those xD
[woof] maps, Demetori maps, good maps.

Also, learn to edit your posts instead of double posting. You should know that by now.
Pannari
OR you can just apply some gripping tape on your pen and it'll be fine. No need to apply lots of substances on your hands.

edit: Also, don't grab too tightly.
Xyrax Alaria

Evolvation wrote:

If anybody else out there has hyperhidrosis; how do you deal with it? Usually about half way through a song the pen in my right hand will start to slip out and I will usually be in an awkward position by the end of the song. I haven't really made or done anything to prevent this besides washing my hands with cold water before the start of a song.
This might sound weird but I had the same problem when I started playing and what I did was wore a weight lifting glove (i.e a fingerless glove w/ grip on it) on the hand that I hold my pen with. I really helped it from slipping out of my hands! :D