Shimatani Hitomi - Angelus (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kei

grumd wrote:

What about 00:02:753 (1,2) - then?
00:04:585 (1) - and 00:02:753 (1,2) - are based on the same melody, but are mapped differently. Choose the one way please.

Anyway, this map low looks much better, good job!
But! the way you say sounds very weird. I find it to be more appropiate to let 00:04:585 (1) long as it is. I changed the mapping here to give this part some variety. That's why I would like to leave it as it is. Thanks for helping so much :D
mancuso_JM_
Talked with Andrea about the status of this map, and he said me that I could recheck
Rechecked on IRC and all looks in set now.. So I can give my First Bubble Now, yey! :3
Enjoy, Rebbubled
Buena Suerte con el Rank Kei ;)
EDIT: Oh.. And post 2000 xD
[Yue]
yey Bubble!!!!!!! \:D/

Animo Kei! > <
Topic Starter
Kei
YAYYY I'm your first bubble :D Thank you a lot mancu :3! you helped me a lot

Edit: LOL post 2000 tambien xD
Snepif
Felicitaciones amor lo hiciste >u<! te amo!
Mercurial
Felicitaciones señorita :)
Topic Starter
Kei

Snepif wrote:

Felicitaciones amor lo hiciste >u<! te amo!
<3<3 Gracias. Te amo!

Mercurial wrote:

Felicitaciones señorita :)
Gracias :3 hay que conseguir bubble para el map de Celld tuyo también!

[Yue] wrote:

yey Bubble!!!!!!! \:D/

Animo Kei! > <

Gracias Yue :3 (aunque ya te lo habia dicho ingame lol)
pimp
congratz for bubble :)
Topic Starter
Kei
Thank you very much :D
Armin
[General]

The standard hitsounds, especially the soft clap sounds really out of place in the song. Consider to add some custom ones:

Clap Packs:

Snare Packs:

Cymbal Pack:

Percussion Pack:

*I think it would be better to add a Easy, the spread is not that good

[Normal]

00:38:416 (1,1) - 01:54:430 (1,1) - I have to disagree with these parts, since the recovery time is too short and this is supposed to be the easiest diff of the mapset
01:48:476 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1) - I don't see a logic reason to keep all these new combos.
00:02:753 (1,2,3) - I'd try a new rhythm the 1/1 one with a 1/3 rhythm sounds simple but too weird. Try something moar catchy

[Hard]

00:02:753 (1,2) - I really feel the doublet here, I don't think you have to simplify the rhythm here
00:22:447 (1,2) - I feel these notes off
00:47:217 (1) - this little jump just brokes the clear spacing in my opinion
01:23:743 (1) - Make this end on the previous red tick

[Insane]

01:52:140 (1) - I'd make this end earlier in order to add a doublet

[Snep]

00:09:623 (4,5,6) - Bastard jumps </3
Topic Starter
Kei

Armin wrote:

[General]

The standard hitsounds, especially the soft clap sounds really out of place in the song. Consider to add some custom ones: I added a custom clap from one of those packs~

Clap Packs:

Snare Packs:

Cymbal Pack:

Percussion Pack:

*I think it would be better to add a Easy, the spread is not that good I stated before that I can't add a easy now because I lack of time atm. When I made this map I had time but now I don't. Also, I think it's too late to do this. :<

[Normal]

00:38:416 (1,1) - 01:54:430 (1,1) - I have to disagree with these parts, since the recovery time is too short and this is supposed to be the easiest diff of the mapset Yea but if I leave a longer space between the next note after the spinner end the diff will be toooooo easy. I made this normal very simple to make it suitable for the map's spread, but making changes like these to simplify it even more will make the diff ridiculously easy. It's a normal uhm.. "light" diff, not a easy diff.
01:48:476 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,1) - I don't see a logic reason to keep all these new combos. Wow you're right. I don't know why I did this. It isn't even consistent with the rest of the combos.
00:02:753 (1,2,3) - I'd try a new rhythm the 1/1 one with a 1/3 rhythm sounds simple but too weird. Try something moar catchy Hmm? I did this like this to keep the simple rhythm. I don't want to add short sliders and stuff like that. I just want to avoid doing things that may confuse newbies. Keeping the rhythm constant and consistent is more important imo. (I'm not sure if this is what you were reffering to. I didn't understand at all)

[Hard]

00:02:753 (1,2) - I really feel the doublet here, I don't think you have to simplify the rhythm here I just want to simplify this diff in general to avoid making it exactly like the insane diff. It's just a way to variate the rhythm between the insane and hard diff.
00:22:447 (1,2) - I feel these notes off Why? o.o they fit perfectly with the music.
00:47:217 (1) - this little jump just brokes the clear spacing in my opinion Hmmm right. I made the jump a bit more bigger and distinguishable.
01:23:743 (1) - Make this end on the previous red tick I made it end on the next red tick. I think you wrote this wrong~

[Insane]

01:52:140 (1) - I'd make this end earlier in order to add a doublet Done~
Thank you very much Armin :D I also added some hitfinishes to [Insane] and [Normal] at 00:54:316 ~ 00:57:980 for consistency with the [Hard] difficulty. I forgot to do this when mancuso modded the map.
Snepif
Also no changes to my diff, the jump has already been decreased in terms of spacing before, it's okay like this :3
Mercurial
I'd like to know where is Armin.
Topic Starter
Kei

Mercurial wrote:

I'd like to know where is Armin.
mancuso_JM_
It looks like Armin don't want to check this map again or something occured :/
btw, Armin it is in the middle of a trip, so I'll take care off this map again, because it was a Self pop and not a pop by Armin
I will give another chance to this map after to fix some tiny things in Insane
Rebubbled (again)
Snepif
yessssssssssss ya casi amor <3
[Yue]
yay :333333
GO GO > <
Topic Starter
Kei
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!! asdhjkhsdfjksdhfshdfjkhsdfkjjksdhfkjshdjf ;u;
Kawayi Rika
I hope getting rank soon ~ I love inuyasha ~ :3

Also Inconsistent Artist/TitleUnicode and Remove 'anime' in tags pls, rank will setting that ~

I can rebubble if you want fix ~
Topic Starter
Kei
I removed that from tags and also:

Kawayi Rika
OK ~ Looks much better now ~

Here you go again :3

mancuso_JM_
Ok! My bad xD!
Go, Go! Mrs. Kei!! ;)
Topic Starter
Kei
Yayyy I got a pretty bubble image from Rika :3 oh and thanks again!
Garven
Long time no see.

[General]
Kind of weird that the video starts long after, and runs out before the song does...

[Normal]
00:40:118 (1) - Way too soon after a spinner for a Normal. Might be best to map through the spinner with something like this:

01:18:247 (1) - This part feels so... bland. There's some rich rhythms that you can follow with sliders, but instead just went with a 1/1/1/1 approach. Think you can spruce it up a bit?
01:34:735 (4,5) - There's such a strong emphasis on the offbeats during this part... going with the beat feels wrong.

[Hard]
00:02:753 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This part feels really... claustrophobic. Everything feels really slow and squished up during a part where you really want to just start boogieing down and dancing about like a maniac.
00:23:238 (4,5) - This would be better as a stack
00:27:882 (2,3,4,5) - A minor thing, but if you could go through the map and see if you can move things around a little bit so that there aren't these tiny overlaps, it would make the map look much more clean.
00:55:919 (1,2,3,4) - This was weird to play since you had just followed the vocals at 00:54:316 (1,2,3,4,5) -
01:25:575 (1) - Too soon after a spinner for a Hard. I'd give about 1 beat instead of a 1/2. That's more for an Insane level of map.
01:48:705 (1) - ^
01:48:705 (1) - Aaand everything is back to squished form again. Doesn't feel right to me.
01:56:033 (1) - Soon after spinner

[Insane]
This has the same squished nature as Hard did. Doesn't look or play well to me.

[Snep's Insane]
OD +1
AR -1 maybe. Feels too fast, but it makes your clusters of ugh like at 00:30:401 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - kind of hard to read.
Otherwise this is nice.

Topic Starter
Kei

Garven wrote:

Long time no see. Veeery long time. Nice to see you again around here~

[General]
Kind of weird that the video starts long after, and runs out before the song does... That's because the opening (video) starts at that point and at the start in the anime you only see a preview of a chapter and that would be meaningless for a map. That's why I removed that part from the video. Here's a example of how it officially looks in the anime.

[Normal]
00:40:118 (1) - Way too soon after a spinner for a Normal. Might be best to map through the spinner with something like this: Fine!

01:18:247 (1) - This part feels so... bland. There's some rich rhythms that you can follow with sliders, but instead just went with a 1/1/1/1 approach. Think you can spruce it up a bit? Done :3 I hope it's better now!
01:34:735 (4,5) - There's such a strong emphasis on the offbeats during this part... going with the beat feels wrong. Rearranged this too.

[Hard]
00:02:753 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This part feels really... claustrophobic. Everything feels really slow and squished up during a part where you really want to just start boogieing down and dancing about like a maniac. I like the slowdown because it gives a slow start and feel before the song starts to become more catchy and epic :D
00:23:238 (4,5) - This would be better as a stack I agree
00:27:882 (2,3,4,5) - A minor thing, but if you could go through the map and see if you can move things around a little bit so that there aren't these tiny overlaps, it would make the map look much more clean. Mmm I didn't notice this. I don't like it so I fixed them all.
00:55:919 (1,2,3,4) - This was weird to play since you had just followed the vocals at 00:54:316 (1,2,3,4,5) - I changed this a lot.
01:25:575 (1) - Too soon after a spinner for a Hard. I'd give about 1 beat instead of a 1/2. That's more for an Insane level of map. Hmm right.
01:48:705 (1) - ^ In this case I don't agree because this part is slow and I just added a slider after it so it shouldn't be a problem. I tried to change the rhythm here to avoid this but it doesn't sound right to me. The only way I like is this one.
01:48:705 (1) - Aaand everything is back to squished form again. Doesn't feel right to me. But I like to make the player feel that this part is less epic and catchy than the other ones. I also think the melody feels slower and more calm. I want to keep this :<
01:56:033 (1) - Soon after spinner Fine, I changed this too-.

[Insane]
This has the same squished nature as Hard did. Doesn't look or play well to me. ;__________;

http://puu.sh/1po7B
btw I also stacked 01:37:941 (2,3) - because I thought they would fit better with the voice in this way.

About Snep diff:

Garven wrote:

[Snep's Insane]
OD +1
AR -1 maybe. Feels too fast, but it makes your clusters of ugh like at 00:30:401 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - kind of hard to read.
Otherwise this is nice. He doesn't agree with these two suggestions because AR helps to read patterns and about OD: he said it is not a good idea to add more OD because his diff has 1/6 and 1/3 patterns.
Thanks Garven~
Snepif

Kei wrote:

[Snep's Insane]
OD +1
Otherwise this is nice. He doesn't agree with these two suggestions because AR helps to read patterns and about OD: he said it is not a good idea to add more OD because his diff has 1/6 and 1/3 patterns.
Yep, faster AR means those 1/3 jumps are way easier to read. And about OD, having a song with all kinds of rhythms and streams, 1/3, 1/4 and 1/6, increasing the OD is a very bad idea since the player will make too many nonesense 100's. Thanks Garven!

And thanks my love <3
Garven
[Normal]
00:38:645 (3,1) - Hm... might be better if these weren't so close. Maybe have the 1 and 2 ctrl H'd and repositioned. Should work a bit better.

[Hard]
01:23:743 (1,1) - You uh, didn't change this note after the spinner.
01:47:216 (1) - Maybe instead of using spinners, mapping through them? I can't bubble a map with notes this soon after spinners in a Hard, sorry.

[Snep]
The problem with the OD reasoning is that if people are getting 100s for that, the problem is with the map's readability rather than the difficulty settings. The AR I don't mind as much as the overly-easy OD in comparison. Kind of trivializes the map.
Topic Starter
Kei

Garven wrote:

[Normal]
00:38:645 (3,1) - Hm... might be better if these weren't so close. Maybe have the 1 and 2 ctrl H'd and repositioned. Should work a bit better. Ok I repositioned them. They make simmetry with the previous notes.

[Hard]
01:23:743 (1,1) - You uh, didn't change this note after the spinner. lol I'm not sure why I did this. Fixed
01:47:216 (1) - Maybe instead of using spinners, mapping through them? I can't bubble a map with notes this soon after spinners in a Hard, sorry. Fine. I changed it. I changed the spacing between (1) and (2) a little bit to avoid confusion since (2) is at a blue tick and placing (1) with distance snap makes this part look weird and difficult to read.
Snepif

Garven wrote:

[Snep]
The problem with the OD reasoning is that if people are getting 100s for that, the problem is with the map's readability rather than the difficulty settings. The AR I don't mind as much as the overly-easy OD in comparison. Kind of trivializes the map.

Sorry but I don't agree, Garven. The problem isn't the map's readability at all. The problem is that it's really hard to make all 300 on a 1/3 or 1/6 rhythm after some 1/4s, and viceversa. Not because you don't read 'em, it's because it's really difficult to "switch" the rhythm in your head and suddenly do 1/3s after doing something else. For example, if we take a look at this map: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/26886, nobody has trouble reading the 1/3 streams, but they are REALLY hard at the moment of playing them because you can't simply tell your hand "hey lets do 1/3s now!" because it doesn't fit inside the 1/4 rhythm so it's not like doing normal streams, which fit inside said rhythm and are easy to make with nice 300s. It's harder to get a nice ACC on them, and it's unfair and frustrating to have a higher OD on this because of that. You can read em but not do them so easily :)
That said, i'd like to keep everything as it is.
Garven
Eh, I'd say that switching between a 1/2 rhythm to a 1/3 rhythm is a skill you need to develop to play this game competently. Holding the players' hand in a difficulty marked as the hardest of a set feels disingenuous to the concept. It should be the expectation that the difficulty will be hard to perfect, and setting the OD this low takes away from that.

(I'll try and recheck this tomorrow - just dropping off a quick reply before I go to bed q:)
Snepif
Ehmm waiting :3 I get your point now Garven
Garven
Tomorrow in Garven means two days, apparently. Sorry, busy, blah blah.

Anyway, we're good to go here.

Topic Starter
Kei
Thank you~
Snepif
Yaaaaaaaaaay gogo <3
Mercurial
Dat bubble just made me smile.
Suzully
Finally rechecked after 2 months break, aaaand ranked!
meiikyuu
yay grats ~
suzutsukikanade
Inuyasha *o*
gratz Kei!
mancuso_JM_
finally!!
Congratulations c:
Kawayi Rika
Yay ~ finally gratz kei ~ :)
show more