forum

osu! PC User protection [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
Hi!

I was thinking that protecting your PC with a game like Osu! would be kind of cool.

This program is running when you start Windows.

CONFIGURING THIS:
>Select a few songs you want (from osu! library perhaps?)
>Select what grade or accuracy is required for it to unlock.
>Choose Resolution of your screen (so it covers the whole screen)
>select a button combination (so the owner doesn't have to play again and again) to close the screen.

Features:
Non kill able
Always stay on top
Can't be moved
You can select a dozen of songs you want available
Select a minium required grade/accuracy to log-in
Secret Code to close it

How it works:
>You log-in
>The Osu! screen comes up, if you try to alt tab or launch another program, maybe start the task manager it will all land behind osu!.
>In order to get rid of this you must complete the song with atleast the stats you configured.

Wouldn't this be awesome? <3

Btw, if you think it's too much work. Sell it or make it for support only.

Hope this idea comes through!

please note, I did a search couldn't find. I'm from Sweden, English is my 2nd language. If you know someone already suggested this and I couldn't find please reply and I'll delete! :(
Sakura
Or you could just not give away your password/set auto-login on shared computers.
deadbeat
i like the current way since i can then unlock my computer in under 2 minutes
RBRat3
Theres really no real reason to this, I have no use for it I leave mine wide open the worst thing anyone could do is delete my massive collection of dirty miku pics everything else thats important is stored off-site :)
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten
for all of you that doesn't seem to understand..

If someone would crack your password you wouldn't want them to access your files, right?

And I bet tons of people never played Osu! before which makes it an excellent protection of your files when you login.

I don't really care if this doesn't get added, I just thought it would be a fun thing.
deadbeat
i know about the risk of being hacked, and so does everyone else who posted(hopefully), however this still isn't needed. a good strong password should keep most hackers out. and if it doesn't. then dam. but thats why we back-up data
Sakura
If they really want your files they wouldnt only hack your password but your "osu! protection" as well.

select a button combination (so the owner doesn't have to play again and again) to close the screen.
^ they would probably find that one out as well.
Luna
This makes me want to hack someone, just to set their protection to Freedom Dive SS and then giggle maniacally
awwww yeeeeah
deadbeat

Luna wrote:

This makes me want to hack someone, just to set their protection to Freedom Dive SS and then giggle maniacally
awwww yeeeeah
hahahaha. oh god...if someone did that. it would be amazing xD
Sync
what if you quit playing and lose a bunch of skill
Bass
yolo Sync
and good idea.
Topic Starter
Alpha Kitten

Sync wrote:

One does not simply read the features..
deadbeat

Alpha Kitten wrote:

Sync wrote:

One does not simply read the features..
he's right. there is still the back up secret code that the hacker will never ever see.

Sakura wrote:

If they really want your files they wouldnt only hack your password but your "osu! protection" as well.

select a button combination (so the owner doesn't have to play again and again) to close the screen.
^ they would probably find that one out as well.
this is about right. if there is a secret code, hackers will just use that or hack past the protection. your safer just using a really really long password
Sakura
Well i guess i can safely deny this then.
winber1
what kind of file would osu! have that someone would actually want to steal? maybe you could go around trolling the forums on some BAT's account tho...
deadbeat

winber1 wrote:

what kind of file would osu! have that someone would actually want to steal? maybe you could go around trolling the forums on some BAT's account tho...
its not so much protecting osu! its using osu! as a way to protect your computer. like locking/unlocking your pc

EDIT: sentence fix x.x
Zumi

Alpha Kitten wrote:

for all of you that doesn't seem to understand..

If someone would crack your password you wouldn't want them to access your files, right?
how to avoid this: Have a password that you'll remember easily but no one will ever be able to guess and don't tell it to anyone; if someone finds out the password for your pc or you think somebody knows it, then change it. ;)
also, say it's a laptop, if you don't have mouse or tablet available sometime, you'd have a problem