forum

Coda - Longcat's Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 16, 2009 at 7:16:00 PM

Artist: Coda
Title: Longcat's Song
Source: Original: Wind Nocturne from Lunar Silver Star
BPM: 200
Filesize: 9640kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Long. (2.13 stars, 106 notes)
  2. LOOOONG! (4.49 stars, 170 notes)
Download: Coda - Longcat's Song
Download: Coda - Longcat's Song (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is a remix of Wind's Nocturne in "Lunar: The Silver Star" (more known as Luna's Boat Song). Video is from a flash posted in a certain infamous site.
Larto
Hi again.

When you place a sample/volume changing timing section, try to place it not DIRECTLY on that note. Place it 1 / 4 or 1 / 2 earlier, this way, even if you click a bit too early, the new sample/volume plays.
<3

Long.
00:25:98 (1,2,1) - THAT EFFECT IS FUCKING COOL

Looooong.
00:25:98 (1) - THAT EFFECT IS FUCKING COOL AGAIN

..Actually, nothing to complain. Cool!
Ekaru
Long:

- You're supposed to make mistakes so I can point them out and boost my ego, goddammit.

LOOOONG!:

00:16:38 (1,2) - Screw you and your crawls. Actually, fixing this is entirely optional, since it's fine the way it is.
00:19:98 (1,2,3) - $@#%@$&@! Nothing wrong here, though; just me wanting to kill you for how difficult this part is. ;( Dang you Hitchikers and your references!
00:35:58 (1) - In order to be as much of an ass as possible, one can choose to move this up one level 3 grid space. It'll make it look just like a 1/2 beat spacing that way. :)

If you can't tell, the map's just fine, though I would suggest moving that last note a tiny bit upwards, just to make it more of a trap. It's a fun map regardless.

P.S. You're supposed to make mistakes on all difficulties so I can point all of them out and give my ego a major boost, goddammit.
Sinistro
Try -10 ms to 1,980, I especially hear it better on slider ends.

Lower hitsample volume at the second and third sections.

That's all I can see.

UPDATE: Dammit, forgot the preview point. Set it a little later, like 00:59:50, so it's at the chorus, and I bubble.

UPDATE UPDATE: Bubbled!
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
vytalibus

Larto wrote:

Okay there are some looooooooooong smaaaaaaaaaall things I HAVE to say...

Both diffs:
The sample changing section is in Long. Before the high pitched stuff that guy in the video says, in Loooooooooooong it is after. Please make the sections placed at the same spot in each difficulty~
I intentionally put the changing section early in Long so that the white slider will make Normal Finish hitsounds. D:

Looooooooooooooooooong:
00:48:17 (8) - And this goes 2 Level 3 grids up.
Done.

And everything after the break isn't snapped <3
Done.

Degrade to star.
D:
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanked.
Foffo_old
Played the map few hours ago; it's hella funny x) Good job!