forum

[Archived] Game out of sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Potatoshaga
Problem details: My game has started to go out of sync. Before, it was fine and for a long time I had no problems, but now im started to get my game a bit out of sync. I usually have high fps and ms. I know there is something called universal offset but I don't know how to use it.... could someone help?
Edit: its only out of sync with a certain pair of headsets?? why??

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Go into your settings and look for a slider named “Universal Offset” just make sure it’s 0 or not past -50 or 50.
Topic Starter
Potatoshaga

Nigrod wrote:

Go into your settings and look for a slider named “Universal Offset” just make sure it’s 0 or not past -50 or 50.

its at 0 right now, how do I adjust it correctly?
Nigrod
From my understanding I think the lower in the negatives the earlier you would have to click. The higher it is in the positive the longer or closer the circle ring has to get to before clicking. Do you have something running in the background or in windowed mode that is causing you high ms?
Topic Starter
Potatoshaga

Nigrod wrote:

From my understanding I think the lower in the negatives the earlier you would have to click. The higher it is in the positive the longer or closer the circle ring has to get to before clicking. Do you have something running in the background or in windowed mode that is causing you high ms?

even on -300 it doesn't seem to do anything, im still having to click early
the reason im not just switching headsets is because the two that work are bth crappy in audio
Nigrod

Potatoshaga wrote:

even on -300 it doesn't seem to do anything, im still having to click early
the reason im not just switching headsets is because the two that work are bth crappy in audio

Start from 0 offset. Listen to a song, and if the hitsounds are too early make the offset positive. If it’s to late then make it negative. Please don’t go over 100 or lower than -100.