forum

Weird question: Lighting at certain parts of the map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
krndude
Hey, so I have a question about the lighting on certain parts of a beatmap. It usually occurs at the chorus, climax, or "most noticeable", not sure how to explain it really. At that point the lighting becomes different and has more of an...impact? or more emphasis in its lighting, if I had to explain the visuals of it I would have to describe it as a firework-like lighting(kind of makes the hit point blowup? and shows particles of little circles that make it look like the hit point exploded.
The skin I use is cookie's skin I downloaded a while back but I added/deleted some stuff to make it easier and more comfortable to play for me personally. I play with no lighting in my skin but I've tried on several different skins with lighting and it is still there. It is especially noticeable when you play on hidden mode.
Well, my question is: Does anybody have or know where I can find this lighting(the .png file) cause I really like how it looks and it would be nice to have it as my lighting for every hit instead of just hits for certain parts of the map. I downloaded around 20 different skins looking for it and still couldn't find it x.x
Songs that I can guarantee have it are: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/48906 on insane in the chorus of the song
also http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43058 has it on insane in the chorus of the song
I know this question is ambiguous as hell but I'd greatly appreciate any information on it because I would really like to have this lighting.
If you have no idea what I'm saying well I still am thankful for reading this ridiculously long question :D
MLGnom
Isn't that "Kiai Time"?

osu! wiki wrote:

Kiai Time is defined by the mapper on a beatmap between 2 Timing Sections. You can recognize a Kiai time because the screen flashes and you will see a star fountain, afterwards all Hit Objects will flash at the rhythm of the main beat and stars will explode from the cursor when a Hit Circle is hit or will fall from the cursor when you follow a slider or a spinner.
"Stars" aka "star2.png" in your skin are those stars from explode.
Topic Starter
krndude
MLGnom: Ohhhh I think you're right. I read the FAQ right when I started playing and it was a lot to sink in so I guess I didn't remember that term. Yeah I was hoping there would be some way for that to happen to all hit points but I don't see how that's a possibility when it's like that. Anyways, thanks for answering my question :)