forum

[Archived] Cursor keeps jumping when it hits the screen edge.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elmnt44
I managed to get Osu on a wineskin for my mac after a couple days of struggling in not-tech-savvy. But now there's this completely different problem that i never saw playing osu on windows.

I'm not sure how to describe this exactly, but whenever my in-game cursor touches the edge of the Screen/Osu! Window/Idk it'll just jump to wherever my actual mouse is. There have been more than enough times where I try to click a circle close to the edge of the screen and my cursor moves back to the middle and I fail the map. Very annoying.

This does not happen with my mouse, only my pen/tablet.

I'm using a Huion 420, and I've already tried making my active area (whatever you call it) smaller. and yes that does solve the problem, that is INCREDIBLY uncomfortable to play with, and it affects my mouse outside of Osu!, which is something I don't want.

Here's a video showing my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XUUWK6LrA&feature=youtu.be

I've scoured the forums and unless I'm blind there has been nobody else who's had this problem

There aren't many setting for me to change regarding my acutal pen because look:

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Brainage
Have you tried enabling Map Absolute Raw Input To The osu! Window? It basically makes it so your cursor cannot move outside the osu! window, as your area is mapped to the entire osu! window. This is probably why your cursor is doing this, I've never seen something like this before but this should fix it.

Also if you decide to play with mouse, set Confine Mouse Cursor to Always.
Topic Starter
Elmnt44
Yep. Still no helping it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEcisU6rab4

Maybe it's something to do with the fact I'm using a wineskin?
Death
I have seen this issue before, but I don't remember how it was fixed.

Try disabling raw input and setting your sensitivity to 1. Also, if your tablet drivers allow you to create custom profiles for different applications, I believe one can be created for Wineskin specifically, that may help. I know Wacom tablets can do this, but I'm not sure about Huion.