forum

[Archived] Star G640S Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mochi cx
Problem details:
I've been really pissed recently at my new tablet, the G640S FROM XP-PEN. With its price I expected it to ACTUALLY function not fail on me for the early couple of days. So what essentially happens when I use this tablet is it occasionally goes to the top left corner, yes I have tried many methods in terms of fixing this problem. That includes raw input (too low of sensitivity and left as for last resort), Disabling Windows Ink, Support Tablet Pc (Keep in mind I can't even find this or the config files as other threads have shown to have), etc.

I'm not even sure how this works, but I also have tried to install HAWKU which in the end had me more confused because the driver wouldn't start no matter what I did. That includes installing the batch file for vMulti, and for some odd reason saying there was still an error even when I had uninstalled the official tablet drivers as instructed and kept telling me there was an "init" problem (Pretty complicated to explain sorry).

Moving on, to somehow fix this tablet for a short period of time I had to completely uninstall the drivers and the program for the tablet and pen. Then reinstall and it would let me play for a while. What's strange is that when I play my pen would magically freeze and stop even though the pen is not far away from the surface for it to lose connection. This would cause me to lose many plays that I had done amazingly well on. This would happen REGULARLY, as my pen would freeze out of nowhere and work in the next 1-2 seconds. This also brings me to my final problem, my tablet would as well, occasionally freeze or stop working, causing me to have to replug it in every 5-10 minutes to fix it. My tablet would then continue to freeze or have my pen freeze, then once it fixes itself somehow it would direct the pointer to the top left corner of the screen, causing me to start all over from step one.

It was pretty frustrating to not find any support threads on this tablet even when I looked through plenty threads, including older models of my tablet. I am truly grateful for anyone who reads this as this is a LONG LONG help thread, any help is appreciated.

PS: This OS TabletPC support in OSU doesn't work and tells me "Tablet initiation failed" not sure if that's helpful at all.

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)