forum

osu!noobs Winter Tournament 2019 [90k-160k] [Achieved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK

Welcome to O!N Winter Tournament 2019, this is a special event hosted by the osu!noobs Organizers Team, more info down below!

Tournament

1. This is an FFA style 1v1 tournament that spans over (changed from 4 to 3)3 weeks, with the last as the finals
  2. The settings of the lobbies are Head-to-Head and with ScoreV2 as the winning condition.
  3. Players are only allowed to attend a maximum of (changed from 2 to 1)1 lobbies of 2 different time slots.
  4. The top 8 players who has the best score in their lobbies after the Lobby Stages will be invited to the Finals.
  5. The Finals will be a Knockout, Double Elimination stage, where players will be seeded based on their results.

Requirements

The rank range for this tournament is 90,000 to 160,000, and with a 2,000 rank buffer. Failure to stay within range of the tournament until the finals will result in your spot being forfeited.

Discord member

Mappool

• It will come out after the sign up dead line (for more info look in the spreadsheet and rules)
  1. The mappool will consist of 4 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 2 DT, and 3 FM picks.
  2. One map will be the tiebreaker.

mp in spreadsheet

Time

For Lobby Stages, there are two times every week: Saturday 13:00 UTC, and Sunday 20:00 UTC. In each of those times, there will be 2 or 3 lobbies total.
This might change depending on the organizers’ decision.

for more info look in the spreadsheet and rules

Match Procedures

1. Lobbies are on a first come, first served basis. Players must sign up using the provided Google Form that will be announced every Monday.
  2. The first 12 players to sign up on a time slot will be accepted, with 3 backups, in the event that one of the registered players does not show up for their lobby.
  3. There are no warm-ups or bans.
  4. Players will !roll to get a chance to pick a map. The winner of the roll will select the map, and is not allowed to roll again after the map has been finished. Players are not allowed to pick more than twice in a lobby.
  5. In a lobby, a total of 7 maps will be played.
  6. Your placing after every map will decide how many points you get for that round.
  7. 1st will receive 3 points, 2nd will receive 2 points, and 3rd will receive 1 point.
  8. Players will have 2 minutes to pick a map and ready up.

For Free Mod picks:
  9. At least 2 players in the lobby must use a mod.
  10. Permitted mods are: None, Hidden, Hard Rock, and Easy.
  11. Players can use multiple mods (HDHR)
  12. The tiebreaker will be played with Free Mod conditions, but mods are not forced.
  13. Players’ points will be added to the main leaderboard.

osu!noobs Organizers Team

Tournament Organizers are the ones who main host and ref this event*

Tournament Organizers:
Data Bytten
syndicator400
Steve_04
OneTrueDuceOK

Commentator:
syndicator400
Steve_04

Mappooler:
Data Bytten
Steve_04

Mods:
crafciak31
OneTrueDuceOK

We hope to see you at the tournament and have fun!

*Tournament ended
bokeru
OH FUCK OKAy I t s B A C K
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
it's a winter special event, so the main tourney will come back in summer
ITotallyGetThat
discord invite expired
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
Fixed!
ITotallyGetThat
Things that were either unclear or just completely incorrect in the initial post, based on posts in the discord:
(Note: I'm just a player trying to be helpful by summarizing posts from the organizers in the discord.)

There are 2 weeks of 1v1v1v1 lobbies. Jan 5/6, Jan 12/13. (There was potentially a week 3 on Jan 19/20, but right now it sounds like it will only be 2 weeks for this stage.) This is similar to a group stage in a normal tournament (but not exactly).
There are 4 players per lobby. There will likely be multiple lobbies per time slot, depending on how many players sign up.
You can only play in 1 these lobbies. (Not 2 like the initial post and signup sheet say.)

You get points from your rank in the lobby per map. 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd, and an implied but never-stated 0 for 4th.

In these lobbies, players roll for pick. You at most pick twice. (One unlucky player only picks once. Practice your rolls, I guess.) (Edit: I was one of the unlucky ones.)

Free mod: all players must use at least one mod. (Initial forum post was originally copied from a team tournament.)

It's not clear when the tiebreaker gets used. When 2 players tie on a map (my guess is this)? Or when 2 players are tied at the end of the match?
Edit: TB is played when 2 players are tied in points at the end of a match. Because reasons.

The top 8 points from these lobbies go into the finals, which is Jan 19/20 (probably?). (But with so many players interested, it might be a week later.)

Map pool is on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQCTdPPsxIO1ueq9olApkhtpBnbSEnl0x1SrckN40qE75n5l9ATzA9f6298ixFvTq-f3U4SKVlMhCNn/pubhtml#
Group stage map pool for week 1 is high 3* to low 4* with TB at 4.6*.
No info whether there is a different map pool for week 2 or the finals. (My guess would be a different pool for the finals.)
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
wk 1-3 is qualify round, which you only need to play in one wk.

So for qualify round, you (and other 3 players w/ you) play in one of the wks, and top players from the qualify round advances to finals. So the mp for all 3 weekends of qualify round is the same.

I am not sure how you get the wrong idea about those things, but probably the main tournament organizers changed something in the rules after the post w/o me noticing.
ITotallyGetThat

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

wk 1-3 is qualify round, which you only need to play in one wk.
I am not sure how you get the wrong idea about those things, but probably the main tournament organizers changed something in the rules after the post w/o me noticing.
(Yesterday)
[9:34 PM] steve_04_: January 19/20 isn’t available
[9:35 PM] steve_04_: It’s the finals of the tournament

(Today)
[5:33 PM] 356 days till Padoru~: there is also wk 2 if you miss wk 1
(implying no week 3 of qualifying)

[7:49 PM] 356 days till Padoru~: It's mostly based on the amount of player joined in this tourney, and currently we have only wk 1 and 2 then finals
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
Yea, the main TOs probably changed the dates and stuff, so there is wk 1 and 2 then finals. Time to edit my post. If I didn't explain well enough, maybe ask one of the main TOs since they knew more about the tourney(Data Bytten, Steve_04, or syndicator400).
paceleste
Hi i have a question how we know if we are qualified for the first week.
bupper4
how will we know if we are able to play on the date we picked?
kiancross
i am 200k rank can i join?
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK

bupper4 wrote:

how will we know if we are able to play on the date we picked?

paceleste wrote:

Hi i have a question how we know if we are qualified for the first week.

If you wanna know if you're in the qualified round, go to the spreadsheet and look at week 1. If you didn't get in the week 1 round, week 2 will be open next mon, which is 1/7

kiancross wrote:

i am 200k rank can i join?

Sorry, the min. requirement for rank is 160k, you can either rank to 160k before wk 2 reg. opened and closed or talk to the tournament organizers other than me to see if they'll let you in
marcelo
can i, an 80k player enter? (pls)
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK

nloader wrote:

can i, an 80k player enter? (pls)

You'll have to ask other TOs, since I am only managing the post and reffing stuff.
Kejz
How to join it?
Sana Minatozaki
what is prizeriono??!??
Bancia
omg i want to join⚘
NapstaCool
how can i join?
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
show more