forum

[Archived] Latency/stuttering in client and during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kraisith
Problem details:
I am having latency of upwards of 8/9ms on my laptop (i7-8750H CPU (UHD graphics 630), GTX 1070, 16GB of RAM) when trying to run at 1440p. I am also getting a lot of stutter during gameplay. All my drivers are up to date, I am running the game on an SSD, I have set osu! to use my nVidia graphics card in it's control panel and tried all the tweaks I found online (threaded optimisation, lowering resolution and such) however this problem does not go away. One thing I did find was that my integrated graphics (even though I had set it to run on my dedicated graphics) was throttling to 100% in task manager and my dedicated gpu was seeing very little use (picture attached, integrated on top, dedicated below) as low as 1% being used. Is this the reason for my problems or is there something else I have missed/could try and do?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/RbTHffJ

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
GlaZe
Usually when i get lag like that its because ive acidentaly hit F7 and lowered my max FPS. Try putting it back to max if you havent already
Topic Starter
Kraisith

GlaZe wrote:

Usually when i get lag like that its because ive acidentaly hit F7 and lowered my max FPS. Try putting it back to max if you havent already

It's always been on max :P
Doge Owner
Make sure you read this thread and try what's on it t/774159.
Topic Starter
Kraisith

Doge Owner wrote:

Make sure you read this thread and try what's on it t/774159.

Ok so I tried a load of stuff on that page (like reinstalling, disabling some stuff and nvidia things) and still having the same issue as before :(