forum

[Archived] Wacom Intuos CTL-480 Settings?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Richa
Hi, Community of Osu!

I seek help in optimising my osu experience,

Will anyone be kind enough to help me in guiding me to optimise my tablet properties for osu? I own a Wacom CTL-480. This tablet is in excellent working condition and I have not received any issues so far.

I have tried playing the tablet with both latest drivers from Wacom (using only Wacom) and tried TabletDriverGUI, however, both didn't work as smoothly as expected. They do work, however, with Wacom alone, I expect issues like osu registering my clicks slowly as well as random stops while hovering. For TabletDriverGUI, It just feels very weird. It's been a few months and although I do not play every day (as much as I would love to), I still spend a good amount of time on it. Considering I have some "minor" issues with playing my Tablet, I always go back on using my mouse, which, for sure, a lot of people prefer mouse-over-tablet, but, I personally find it more challenging and entertaining with a Tablet (of course, this is due to the influence of great osu! players at the top). For me, games are all about having fun, which is why I'm following my instinct and trying all sorts of things in order to get to play with my tablet.

If my tablet really is a no-go, I welcome all suggestions and will buy a better tablet, by either looking at feedback or looking it up on YouTube or other sites. All help is much appreciated.

Here are some details for my current setup:

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 1ms 2560x1440
Graphics Card: Asus ROG STRIX 1080 Ti OC
Memory: 16GB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum

Thank you for your time reading this, I sincerely appreciate it.

osu! version: Stable 20181101.2 (latest)
Doge Owner
Hey there,

First of all, make sure you disable windows Ink as it can cause issues. As for the drivers, I would recommend you try 6.3.9w5 (link). There is also a program that would disable some of your pen's features that you won't be needing since you're only using it to play osu!, it's called viziblrfixmypen. Make sure you run it as an administrator and restart your pc after.

I hope this has helped you, good luck!

Edit: viziblrfixmypen doesn't work on windows 10, my bad.
Topic Starter
Richa

Doge Owner wrote:

Hey there,

First of all, make sure you disable windows Ink as it can cause issues. As for the drivers, I would recommend you try 6.3.9w5 (link). There is also a program that would disable some of your pen's features that you won't be needing since you're only using it to play osu!, it's called viziblrfixmypen. Make sure you run it as an administrator and restart your pc after.

I have tried the above, and It didn't change much of anything, however, I appreciate the help!
I hope this has helped you, good luck!

Edit: viziblrfixmypen doesn't work on windows 10, my bad.

Hi Doge Owner,

I have updated to 6.3.9w5 as you recommended, however, it didn't really help much. Would you please tell me what exactly is the difference between having the latest drivers and the ones you recommended? Thank you, all help is greatly appreciated. Hope you have a nice day.
Doge Owner
It's pretty much the only driver's version that doesn't have input lag with it. If it didn't help at all, then it's probably not coming from the drivers.

Instead, make sure you're using fullscreen.
You are less likely to feel the input lag using non-fullscreen with a mouse compared to using a tablet.