forum

[Archived] osu! crash when playing map with video

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unknown_player
Problem Details:
osu! crash when trying to play a map with video. It says i must run updater but the problem still exist after running updater

Video or screenshot showing the problem: N/A

osu! version: 20181022 (latest)
Fighu
Hey! if there is a crash report could you please take a screen shot and submit it here for everyone to see. Also do you really need the background video? it can usually be very distracting and if you just want to see the background video I reccomend using the Cinema Mod! I hope this helped
Doge Owner
What type of updater does it say? Map update or client update?

If it's the map try deleting the map and re-downloading it.
Topic Starter
Unknown_player

Doge Owner wrote:

What type of updater does it say? Map update or client update?

If it's the map try deleting the map and re-downloading it.

It's client update

it's happens on my map and others map too

FighuYT wrote:

Hey! if there is a crash report could you please take a screen shot and submit it here for everyone to see. Also do you really need the background video? it can usually be very distracting and if you just want to see the background video I reccomend using the Cinema Mod! I hope this helped

No, the problem is when this is happen when i try to play background video in my map and when i import the video and try to play it to sync it, it's crash

If you still need the screenshot, here
Death
Does this only happen on a map you are making? Or any map that has a video on it at all?
Topic Starter
Unknown_player

Death wrote:

Does this only happen on a map you are making? Or any map that has a video on it at all?

It's any map
Death
I guess I completely missed your answer to my question in the post directly above mine...

Does this only happen in the editor or can you play a map normally and crash too? I'm just a bit confused because in your previous post it seemed like you were implying importing videos specifically causes this issue.

Perhaps you could try following this guide to check your event viewer for any crash logs that may or may not yield more useful information.

And if you could, try holding shift while starting the game until a recovery window pops up, then hit the "repair osu!" button. Considering you already ran the updater, I'm not sure if this will make a difference, but it is worth trying again.
Topic Starter
Unknown_player

Death wrote:

I guess I completely missed your answer to my question in the post directly above mine...

Does this only happen in the editor or can you play a map normally and crash too? I'm just a bit confused because in your previous post it seemed like you were implying importing videos specifically causes this issue.

Perhaps you could try following this guide to check your event viewer for any crash logs that may or may not yield more useful information.

And if you could, try holding shift while starting the game until a recovery window pops up, then hit the "repair osu!" button. Considering you already ran the updater, I'm not sure if this will make a difference, but it is worth trying again.

ok here's the event for crash log

Log Name:      Application

Source: Application Error
Date: 24/10/2018 12:22:54 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Sony
Description:
Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5bcf4126
Faulting module name: avcodec-51.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x49f89b0a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006bc05
Faulting process id: 0x840
Faulting application start time: 0x01d46aea1bebed9d
Faulting application path: E:\oss\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: E:\oss\avcodec-51.dll
Report Id: e47043b3-d6df-11e8-829f-b8763ff01f34
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-23T16:22:54.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>44055</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Sony</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>osu!.exe</Data>
<Data>1.3.3.7</Data>
<Data>5bcf4126</Data>
<Data>avcodec-51.dll</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>49f89b0a</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0006bc05</Data>
<Data>840</Data>
<Data>01d46aea1bebed9d</Data>
<Data>E:\oss\osu!.exe</Data>
<Data>E:\oss\avcodec-51.dll</Data>
<Data>e47043b3-d6df-11e8-829f-b8763ff01f34</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

btw i tried repair osu! and and still fail. And it's happening when i tried to import the map, and playing the map with video
Death
Can you enable hidden items in your file explorer and take a picture of your osu! folder?

Check to make you don't have anything running that could be messing with osu!'s files, including any antivirus you have installed.
Topic Starter
Unknown_player
ok here

Part 1

Part 2