forum

[Archived] Library corrupts each time I execute osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nadeoki
Hey, I currently have 20.521 Maps in my /songs folder and because that is a lot of different music, I organise them by using ingame collections. As of recent though, each time I execute Osu!exe, my beatmap database seems to be corrupted. Which leads to two annoying things.
1. Needing to refresh f5 to get my maps back.
2. Letting go of all the in collection organised beatmaps into the abyss that is the "sorted by title" section.
That is, as you can imagine a really depressing thing to do. So please, I saw this once was an discussion but got quickly archived due to inactivity here

Thx in advance. I hope someone can help.
Death
Close osu!, remove the file "osu!.db" from your osu! folder, and then restart the game. Once you hit play your maps should start reprocessing again. Let it go all the way through and hopefully the next time you open the game it won't happen again.

I believe this is supposed to be what happens when you get corruption error message at the start of the game, but for some reason that seems to not work all the time.

Your collections should be stored in a different file named "collection.db", assuming nothing happened to that file it should still work. Apparently if you are missing beatmaps that are supposed to be in any of the collections, none of them will show up at all (at least that's how it seems according to the wiki). Once all of your beatmaps have been reprocessed, restart your game again and check to see if your collections are back, unless you've made changes to your collections in the time since you started having issues.
show more