forum

Help with my beatmap--

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hopeful Bagels
Well, besides the graveyard beatmaps I created a few years ago, I decided to look at some fourms(?) to help me with beatmapping. I tend to call myself stupid because I don't understand a lot of things so I had a few questions to ask for help on my beatmap!

First thing is that I wanted to ask how I can talk or get help from a mod (or anybody who is experienced with beatmapping) to check out my map so far and tell me if I did something wrong, like with the timing or the sounds or notes...or some tips!

Second thing is that I have seen many beatmaps that had difficulties created by other people rather than the original creator. I wanted to ask how that can be done? I am not good at beatmapping and I was wondering if anybody else wanted to help out. I'm not asking here though; if that is against the rules.

Third thing is that I was wondering how to be able to have my beatmap checked out without submitting it; or is that the only way to have it checked out by mods, despite it being a work-in-progress?

I hope my questions can be understood! I'm very bad at explaining things in words, so if something I wrote doesn't make sense then I apologize!
anunymous
1. If you want suggestions on improving your maps, check out the 'modding queues' subforum. Also watch pishifat's YouTube video on how to use modding queues, finding mods etc (in case you're unfamiliar with the term, a 'mod' is when someone critiques your beatmap)

https://youtu.be/jhsBN3nolw0

2. That's called a Guest Difficulty or GD, you can also request GD's in modding queues if the queue creator specifies that they do gd requests

3. Yeah you'll have to submit your map in order to get proper mods for it as the modding page is on the beatmap's page

If anything I wrote is unclear feel free to pm me.
show more