forum

[Archived] osu! not launching on mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_fluffyy
so, i play osu! on a mac, and it worked completely fine until now. it's not like lazer where it's just unusable, it won't launch at all. reinstalling only sometimes temporarily fixes the issue, and updating the wrapper does nothing. i'vve tried updating the wrapper, but an error pops up (https://imgur.com/HbhIfIP). does anyone know how to fix this?

ps. i have backed up all my data.
Death
Which release are you trying to use? Can you give this one a try if you are not using it already: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197
Topic Starter
_fluffyy

Death wrote:

Which release are you trying to use? Can you give this one a try if you are not using it already: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197

that is the one i'm using.
i also forgot to list specs, here they are:
21.5" mid 2010 imac
3.06 ghz intel core i3 processor
4gb 1333 mhz ddr3 hard drive
ati radeon hd 4670 256 mb graphics card
Death
How did you go about updating the wrapper, what OS release are you using specifically? What is your current wrapper version and engine version set to?

Can you try this? It's listed on that post I linked:

Technocoder wrote:

For those that are unable to open the osu!.exe file, such as nothing popping up, try moving the zip file (NOTE: Not the application, but the zip file containing the application) to another location, such as your Desktop or the Documents folder. Then, right click the application and select "Open". While this may seem redundant, this has a different effect to directly double clicking the file.
Topic Starter
_fluffyy

Death wrote:

How did you go about updating the wrapper, what OS release are you using specifically? What is your current wrapper version and engine version set to?

Can you try this? It's listed on that post I linked:

Technocoder wrote:

For those that are unable to open the osu!.exe file, such as nothing popping up, try moving the zip file (NOTE: Not the application, but the zip file containing the application) to another location, such as your Desktop or the Documents folder. Then, right click the application and select "Open". While this may seem redundant, this has a different effect to directly double clicking the file.

i'm running high serria 10.13.6.
the wrapper was updated by opening wineskin and going to advanced>tools>update wrapper.
wrapper is 2.6.2 and engine is ws9wine2.22.
yes, i have tried moving the .zip.

ps. i'm gonna have to go soon, so if you get back to me, expect a responce before 8:00 am est.
Death
Huh, ok.

After you try running the game, can you navigate to the osu!/Logs folder and see if a "runtime.log" file was generated and if it was, provide it (or the contents inside it). I'm curious to see if it is even getting that far.

Can you also try this:

Technocoder wrote:

Can you right click osu! and click Open Package Contents and double click on Wineskin. Click Advanced > Test Run. Paste the contents the the test run logs here.

Edit: Make sure the you have moved the osu! application out of the Downloads folder otherwise Filevault will prevent it from working properly.
Topic Starter
_fluffyy

Death wrote:

Huh, ok.

After you try running the game, can you navigate to the osu!/Logs folder and see if a "runtime.log" file was generated and if it was, provide it (or the contents inside it). I'm curious to see if it is even getting that far.

Can you also try this:

Technocoder wrote:

Can you right click osu! and click Open Package Contents and double click on Wineskin. Click Advanced > Test Run. Paste the contents the the test run logs here.

Edit: Make sure the you have moved the osu! application out of the Downloads folder otherwise Filevault will prevent it from working properly.

no runtime.log was generated.
wineskin says the testrun was successful, but viewing doesn't work at all.
Death
What do you mean viewing doesn't work? Does it not even give you an option to view the logs or are you trying to view them and nothing is happening?

Maybe you could try what this guy did (may or may not be applicable): https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6600223

Really hard to say what the issue is without any information unfortunately. I suppose you could try downloading an older release, like Alpha, and then manually making the changes from this thread to get it to work on High Sierra. Might be worth a shot if you want to take the time to try, or if we can't figure out what the issue is.

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of macOS, Wineskin, etc, will come along. My knowledge is a bit lacking in that department.
Topic Starter
_fluffyy

Death wrote:

What do you mean viewing doesn't work? Does it not even give you an option to view the logs or are you trying to view them and nothing is happening?

Maybe you could try what this guy did (may or may not be applicable): https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/6600223

Really hard to say what the issue is without any information unfortunately. I suppose you could try downloading an older release, like Alpha, and then manually making the changes from this thread to get it to work on High Sierra. Might be worth a shot if you want to take the time to try, or if we can't figure out what the issue is.

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of macOS, Wineskin, etc, will come along. My knowledge is a bit lacking in that department.

it gave me an option to view them, but nothing happened after that.
i'll try that.
show more