forum

[Archived] osu keeps minimizing every 5 to ? minutes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeKett
its only happening on osu, only osu gets minimized, and no other program gets focused. dont even think its due to AVAST, like some other person here had the same problem due to AVG. since even avasts do not disturb mode (previously gaming mode, silences most notifications from programs or system) dosnt turn off, only after i maximize and then tab out again does it turn off. even running all shields off and do not disturb off dosnt work.

probably related issue is that randomly (only) osu keeps minimizing when i try to maximize it again. just single clicks makes it instantly minimize, i have to burst click a few times for osu to maximize again. some times only a double click, some times multiple bursts.

using gaming laptop and im running unlimited frames with safe mode on fullscreen. normal mode with unlimited crashes my game on song select, due to the game not locking to 240 in menu (which it does in safe mode), which also could be related. and due to the windows 10 may update, DWM is draining the shit out of my integrated card while playing games on windowed, so windowed is out of the question (downgrading from may update did not fix dwm draining).

all drivers that could cause an issue are up to date
hitomishiga
i'm having a similar problem. running compatability mode + fullscreen on win10 which isn't ideal but it usually runs MUCH smoother than other settings. using Vsync and release stream: stable.

was working fine until about a week ago but now osu (and osu only) alt tabs about every 5 mins like OP said. i use AVG but all notifs are disabled and all other programs ie. Discord are closed.
Doge Owner
If you have any in-game overlays such as discord overlay, make sure to disable them. Check your task manager if you have any programs that could be causing it to alt-tab out, if you're using windows 10, look for "Focus Assist" and disable everything in that tab.

If the problem still occurs, try unplugging your keyboard/tablet/mouse or anything that could be doing it.
hitomishiga

Doge Owner wrote:

If you have any in-game overlays such as discord overlay, make sure to disable them. Check your task manager if you have any programs that could be causing it to alt-tab out, if you're using windows 10, look for "Focus Assist" and disable everything in that tab.

If the problem still occurs, try unplugging your keyboard/tablet/mouse or anything that could be doing it.

still no fix :(
show more