forum

[Archived] Can't click ingame!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wito
Hi, My friend have been playing osu for some hours now, and we was in a multiplayer game when suddenly he could not press anything ingame. He can click everything in the menu, but when he enter a map(Osu standard) he cant click anything. We have tryed to check every support and tread online but cant find a fix. He have also checked that he dosnt have any overlays ingame, not even discord. He have started osu trough the Osu configuration and repaired osu and also tryed to reset my settings. Nothing worked. His mouse and keyboard works perfectly fine in any other game, and his devices are working fine. So the only think we have left is asking you guys. There is no error code, and the problem started when he left a multiplayer map. I wasnt there to see exactely what happend but the problem occured after he left the map. We have even tryed uninstalling Osu and installing it on another harddrive. His mouse is completely new, and works fine in every situation except this. His keyboard(wich he uses too click) is also working 100% fine, but not when he enters a map(Osu standard)When hitting sliders the combo goes away and he cant get over 1 in combo. Please help, thanks in advance!
Doge Owner
Usually the default osu! keys are mouse buttons and Z and X on your keyboard, try re-binding the ingame keys for osu!standard.
Topic Starter
Wito
We have tryed that too, we re-binded the Z and X keys too S and D and we also tryed K and L just too be sure. Thanks for answering tho!
Death
I'm a little confused. At first it sounds as though they can't hit anything at all, however, your last sentence states "When hitting sliders the combo goes away and he cant get over 1 in combo." Does this mean he can't hit notes at all, or just sliders don't seem to be working correctly? You also mentioned something about their mouse, does this mean they can't click with their mouse buttons as well?

What keyboard/mouse do they have?

If they enable "Always show key overlay" in the options menu, the key overlay will appear to the right of the screen in-game. Does that show anything when they try to click?
Topic Starter
Wito

Death wrote:

I'm a little confused. At first it sounds as though they can't hit anything at all, however, your last sentence states "When hitting sliders the combo goes away and he cant get over 1 in combo." Does this mean he can't hit notes at all, or just sliders don't seem to be working correctly?
Sorry, there has been an misunderstanding here. I missunderstod my friend. He cant click sliders. circles work fine. But combo stil cant go over 1-2.
Death
What keyboard do they have? Do they have driver software that allows them to change the repeat rate of their keys?

Tell them to enable their key overlay and check to see if their key is repeating at an incredibly fast rate while holding it down.
sHootR
Press F10 to disable mouse buttons and try again.

I had the same issue with my tablet+keyboard combo. In my case it was caused by the pen itself that output a "click" while it touches the tablet surface. Therefore I had a constant input on one of my keys that somehow "overrode" the output of my keyboard clicks and leaded to missing slider-ends all the time. That's happening because if you constantly press a button (with the help of the pen) while pressing the same button (on the keyboard) again, you will technically release the button for some milliseconds which will lead to the slider-end-miss.

Example:

Let P = Constant output from pen by clicking one of the keyboard keys.
KHold = Clicking the SAME key on the keyboard and holding it. For example, let z and x be our keyboard keys.

1. P (constantly pressing "x")
2. P (see above)
3. KHold (P is not active as
long as KHold is.) --As soon as KHold is active, the key "x" stays unpressed for some ms and then gets pressed again by the keyboard output.

5. KHold (constantly pressing "x")
6. KHold (Right after releasing the keyboard key "x", P is active and will "press" the key "x" again. Therefore, you will technically miss the slider end as you released and pressed the button again while hitting a slider which will cause you to loose the combo.)
7. P
n. ...

1.,2.,...,n. are the different timestamps, in which 1 is (obviously) the first timestamp and 7 the last one.
Death
Didn't they say they were using a mouse?
Topic Starter
Wito

Death wrote:

Didn't they say they were using a mouse?
Yes he is using a mouse
sHootR
Oh, sry then.
Try it anyways, maybe it is helping. :D
show more