forum

[Archived] Keys Not Registering in Search Filters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Destrezea
I'm having a bit of a stranger issue with osu! in the current moment, to be honest. I don't know how or why it happened, but all of a sudden, as I was playing a bit of mania, I went to search up a song. To my dismay, it had seemed like I had typed it in wrong. However, what I soon came to understand was I was typing it correctly, but it seemed like my key inputs weren't registering in the search filter.
I found this strange, and thought it was my keyboard. So I went to various other applications like Chrome, Discord, etc, and tried out the keys that weren't working for osu!, specifically the A, F, and S keys. They worked fine in other applications as you'd expect, and as one can see I'm typing with them here just fine.
I also checked other things within osu! itself to see maybe if it was an osu! wide problem. However, when I went into options and messed with my osu!mania key inputs, the keys worked just fine. Though if I tried searching for certain options? The keys still didn't work. If need be, I can give a video of what's happening here, but I just don't have any clue.
Some potential help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: A quick side note I forgot to mention is that if I am to press down two of the not working keys together, one will work. The A key never works, and the F key always works if I press it down with S or A. The S key only works if I am to press down S and A at the same time in the search filter.
Death
Restart the game/your computer.
show more