forum

[Archived] New songs not appearing when dragged into osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sophrosyne
I wanted to make a beatmap so I dragged in an mp3 to the game, but it wouldn't show up. It said the whole "New song detected hit F5" thing but when I did that it didn't pull up anything. I tried restarting osu! and my computer but it doesn't seem to detect anything. I tried putting in other mp3 tracks and those didn't work either, but it did detect new beatmaps so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone happen to know what to do? Thanks.
modrei_DELETED
whats your client version?

try sorting your beatmaps by date added and scroll to the very bottom, it should be empty block with no name or difficulty, just your song playing

if that doesnt work then check if you have osu installed in a folder that doesnt require admin permissions to add/edit/delete files, if you have then run osu as admin and try adding your song again
Topic Starter
sophrosyne

modrei wrote:

whats your client version?

try sorting your beatmaps by date added and scroll to the very bottom, it should be empty block with no name or difficulty, just your song playing

if that doesnt work then check if you have osu installed in a folder that doesnt require admin permissions to add/edit/delete files, if you have then run osu as admin and try adding your song again

I'm running the latest version of osu! on stable, nothing appeared when I ran it as an admin and it wasn't there when I sorted my maps;;
modrei_DELETED
what if you copy already existing map into your songs folder, replace the mp3, wipe the .osz and delete everything else inside the folder?
Topic Starter
sophrosyne

modrei wrote:

what if you copy already existing map into your songs folder, replace the mp3, wipe the .osz and delete everything else inside the folder?

Doing it that way worked! Thank you so much!!
Death
Glad you were able to find a solution that worked, however, doing the frequently might cause issues if you try to submit the map.

Make sure the name of the audio file you are trying to import has a unique name if you encounter this issue again.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/546651
show more