forum

[Archived] Maps get reset.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BND
Problem Details:
Almost every month my maps get reset and i have to manualy re-calculate them. F5 does not work. I also lose my collections at the same time. :cry:
Venix
Try to close your osu! and then move the file "osu!.db" outside of your osu! folder and run osu! again. After doing so maps will process and hopefully your maps collection won't bug anymore.
Topic Starter
BND
I still need to calculate them by hand and 58 000 is a lot even if i don't press every single map set. Afraid nothing is fixed. This is the third time this has happened in the last few months.
Venix
Uh, you mean that. Also, try to click on "repair folder permissions" button in options.
Topic Starter
BND
It says: "osu! took a bit too long while trying to perform an elevated operation"
Normal?
Death
If you leave your game open on the song selection screen your maps should automatically calculate. It may take a bit though.

The only time I've ever seen this not work is when someone has a broken beatmap, usually due to the .osu file being edited incorrectly or an absurdly difficult map (hundreds of stars) that takes a super long time to process.
Topic Starter
BND
F5 does not work if that is what you mean. As for a broken map, it is not that or a very difficult map. It's like an anomaly.
Topic Starter
BND
Update: Moved the game from HDD to SSD and got my collections back???
Death
I never said anything about F5. Just leave your game open on the song selection screen if you have uncalculated maps.