forum

[Archived] Problem with tablet Area and osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TejM
I have my tablet area set as full but it doesn't work properly in osu sometimes it just uses the left half of my tablet or a way smaller area the full area works fine when its out of osu. Also im not sure if this is related but osu says my native resolution is 3840x2160 instead of 1920x1080. Reinstalling the game fixes the problem but it goes back to doing this after some time ( it still says 3840x2160 when I reinstall but the area problem gets fixed). I used this same tablet and it used to work fine, but recently this started happening without me changing the settings or anything.
https://imgur.com/a/5nnwODN
Pancho
Maybe it's because of the dual monitor setup, try turning on the "Map absolute tablet area" or something like that in the osu! Settings. It should be under thr raw input settings or sensitivity.
Topic Starter
TejM
I have tried that but unfortunately it didn't make a difference, I also tried removing and disabling my 2nd monitor.
Pancho
Did you try reinstalling the wacom drivers?
Topic Starter
TejM
Just tried this, no luck. :(
Pancho
Did you try any custom drivers?. I recommend using this but Im not sure if it supports multi-display setups:
https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Topic Starter
TejM
Tried this but it didn't fix.
I did figure out that changing my sensitivity to 1 fixes the issue, I'd prefer having a higher sensitivity though.
Pancho
You could shrink your active area.
Topic Starter
TejM

Panchosauriooo wrote:

You could shrink your active area.

Yeah, this is what I'm doing now I guess ill keep playing with a smaller area until i figure out how to fix the problem.
Death
osu!'s raw input and tablets don't seem to get along quite well. Shrinking your active area is really the way to go. You should also be able to set an area for specific applications, you can probably give that a try in case you want to use your full tablet for other things.