forum

[Archived] Game completely freezing when tablet is plugged in

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akjellsan
Hi, I seem to be having a small issue with the game (Only happened since today, hasn't happened ever before), it appears that whenever my tablet is plugged into my computer the game seizes up completely without fail, and refuses to work. Whenever my tablet is unplugged, however, the game returns back to running perfectly. I have reinstalled my drivers, restarted my PC, changed the staging type, clean installed the game twice, but to no avail. Anyone else had something similar, and found a fix?
-Makishima S-
Share more information:
- Tablet type
- Driver version
- OS

How osu react if you keep tablet connected and then run it?
Topic Starter
Akjellsan
My tablet is still relatively old (Needs to use legacy drivers, so they're at the 'final' update, just a WACOM CTL-470, Windows OS. When I plug my tablet in, the music persists, but the game freezes to a halt almost instantly. Bootup with the tablet plugged in, the game takes a considerably long time to launch, and uses a lot of CPU to do so, with the menu music starting before the starter jingle... but it still seems to act the same way as above.

It should also be noted that it seems to be doing the same as above without the tablet plugged in when the game is not ran in administrator mode, but the game runs perfectly when it's in the background, but freezes as soon as it's in the foreground.

[Taiga] wrote:

Share more information:
- Tablet type
- Driver version
- OS

How osu react if you keep tablet connected and then run it?
-Makishima S-
Check your system for issues first, this sounds like your windows is in bad condition.
You can try use this custom drivers: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver

In general what to do:
- Get HWInfo and check temps + voltage on CPU, RAM and GPU, often voltage may cause issue for components which may lead to dying PSU
- Clean up your system, use start-up manager to remove garbage, let your system start clean as much as possible
- Check your HDD for bad sectors, if it is SSD, check its condition in responsible software

If this not help, we will work out this yet another way.