forum

[Archived] Minor detail, but it's been bugging me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GrumpyNympho
Problem Details:
On the beatmap selection screen, on the beatmaps it shows a rank, whether it be A, S, etc. and it usually shows the highest recorded one for that map. But I've noticed that for SOME maps it seems to show the average rank. Not all maps, but most of them don't display the highest recorded one. I don't know if it's a setting I accidentally toggled? I'm not sure, it's just upsetting to see a lot of a's and b's lmao

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
HootOwlStar
the rank display is based on the highest score for the map instead of the highest rank you achieved before, for example an S rank will be replaced with an A if you have a much more accurate play but contains miss(es). hope this clears out your problem.
Topic Starter
GrumpyNympho
It's hard to explain. When I select a map, I can see my local scores at the left, highest score top to bottom. Accuracy doesn't matter on that board bc it's based on highest SCORE. However, the rank it shows ON the map (at the right), shows a different score than the TOP score (at the left). Does that make sense? It's like all my scores were reset; my latest scores don't seem to affect or update it in any way.