forum

Megaman 20XX Skin [Update]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vyse86
Updated the skin. Pretty much every default file is replaced now. Even though I officially labeled it V0.9 because there's still a ToDo list, I probably lack the skill and knowledge to really come up with decent results there. Plus, I'm happy with how things are, so I might as well just leave it like that. :P

Update to V0.9
- vastly improved playfield
- edited cursor for better playability
- edited/replaced a number of sprites to make them less pixelated
- added pause overlay
- added a second comboburst image
- added fail background
- changed pause menu buttons
- added images for section pass and section fail
- replaced spinner metre
- replaced hit300 for consistency
- edited some of the text on the results screen
- circumvented a glitch where some residue of the transparent color would show up at the edges of a sprite
- defined combo colors
- used actual letters to indicate rank on the map selection screen
- created OSK file

Things that could still be improved
- Score font looks horrible on anything but a black background.
- Score popups are very half-assed. I tried some different ideas, but all of my designs ended up sucking.
- The letters I used on the map select screen could look better. I tried different things, but nothing really clicked.
- Using a leaf shield as the spinner disc isn't the best idea, but I still couldn't come up with anything better.

Screenshots:

Download:
http://up.ppy.sh/files/20xx.osk
CyberSloth
well done, but there are many things you could improve (sry for my bad english^^)
Topic Starter
Vyse86
No problem, at least I got a reply in this topic, which is one more than I expected to get :P

Anyways, bump for update. Most things that were in need of improvement have been fixed.
pppatrick
D: can't see the pictures..
Topic Starter
Vyse86
I moved the screenshots from imageshack to upppy, hopefully they work now :)
pppatrick
it's working:D
love megaman but just as what schalle96 said there are many things that can be improved
←personally prefer effective skins
waiting for the next version :3
Xact
Random anime chick on the failed screen doesn't fit at all with the rest of the skin, just sayin. Unless she's related in some way im not aware of? Anyways cool skin otherwise
Easonn_old
Wait this skin only applies for AirMan ga taosenai as in the beatmap part? i thought the score part could've been 50=weapon energy 100=small hp ball 300= big hp ball
the 300 point combo=M Can pr whatever the can is called, the one that fully heals your everything
the 100 point combo= E can
Buster
Nice skin :D