forum

[Archived] Obs not detecting osu as a game capture please help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
I've tried compatibility mode, it doesn't help.
I'm using OBS classic v0.659b
I record at 720p 30fps and sometimes 60fps
My game resolution is 720p
Display captures are too choppy and laggy and stuttery, game captures are smooth.
I've tried OBS studio but that didn't work either.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
Why is nobody responding to my posts!!?!!!???!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Death
Give people more than 12 hours to answer your post please.

Make sure you have OBS set to use the correct video adapter. If you are running osu! with integrated graphics, set OBS to use integrated graphics, and the same for if you are running osu! with a dGPU.
Kao
I usually play in osu! standard/mania then alt tabbing to see if it has detected osu!
I used obs studio, and was in fullscreen mode as well
Kondou-Shinichi
i suggest using obs studio

also try window capture
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
I tried obs studio, compatibility mode, repairing osu, reinstalling osu entirely, I tried everything.
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1

Death wrote:

Give people more than 12 hours to answer your post please.

Make sure you have OBS set to use the correct video adapter. If you are running osu! with integrated graphics, set OBS to use integrated graphics, and the same for if you are running osu! with a dGPU.
http://prntscr.com/i6801x
http://prntscr.com/i680i4
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

i suggest using obs studio

also try window capture
I refuse to use window capture or display capture, it stutters and gives me a headache, nobody wants to see a 1fps video.
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
I always use Game Captures because they actually record at a consistent framerate
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
I want to tell you that I am trying to record in fullscreen, not windowed, I would not like to stream and play with 60ms input lag.
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
Alright, so I spent hours messing around with OBS studio, finally got it working and tweaked color correction settings to make it look almost as good as obs classic, just trying to get rid of the crazy pixely noise all over the screen.
Kao
Try checking to make sure you're running osu! with the video card in the nvdia control panel
Then go to sources and set it to game capture -> specific window -> osu!
After that, go into osu! and play a map. Pause after a few seconds and alt + tab, you will see osu! in there.
If you did, then you have properly configured obs studio
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1

Kao wrote:

Try checking to make sure you're running osu! with the video card in the nvdia control panel
Then go to sources and set it to game capture -> specific window -> osu!
After that, go into osu! and play a map. Pause after a few seconds and alt + tab, you will see osu! in there.
If you did, then you have properly configured obs studio
Thanks.
Kao
Is it solved then?
Queiy
game capture -> specific window -> osu!
helpful