forum

[Archived] GPU suddenly drops to 0% on "Stable" version

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JannerBr
I used the Fallback version since the start of this year, since the stable one gave me random freezes, but now with the christmas update, Fallback isn't an option anymore.

My GPU usage goes to 0% (https://imgur.com/T4GISV6 - Look at the blue arrow (This is the MSI Afterburner hardware monitor)) in the middle of a song, and it doesn't happens with other games. The freeze goes on for abut 2 seconds, this time I didn't fail the map and kept playing because I was using NF, but without it, I usually fail a map.

I tried already: Running OSU as an administrator, allowing it through windows firewall, using different OSs (Windows 7-32, 7-64, 10-32), played with a clean fresh copy of windows, changed both the affinity and the priority of osu! in the task manager, tried borderless, tried using an antivirus (even after just installing Windows), tried using different versions os NVIDIA drivers, tried the compatibility mode in the game, tried all of the 3 current versions available, tried capping the fps, tried underclocking my GPU, tried overclocking it, changed PSU, defragmented HDD, tested the RAM with mem64, tested the HDD with S.M.A.R.T., changed my wireless adapter, but sadly nothing worked.

I played on the Fallback version, and frame drops/freezes never happened to me while using it, it doesn't happen while playing other games as well and I guess that's it.

Anything will be welcome!
Death
Why did you make a new post? Keep your responses in one thread please. I will leave this one because it has more information.

From your other post:

Death wrote:

The option to change to fallback was removed on December 25th. Try enabling Compatibility mode.

MSI Afterburner also apparently had an update recently causing performance issues.
Topic Starter
JannerBr
"Why did you make a new post? Keep your responses in one thread please."

Heh, sorry for that :p

Well, as i said in the post, I played osu with a clean fresh copy of windows (only NVIDIA drivers and osu!) and the problem was still there.
Compatibility mode reduces the problem by a bit, but it still persists

I'm now trying to play the game without any NVIDIA drivers, and until now, it didn't happen.