forum

[Archived] Game keeps freezing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seruzer
So I've been meaning to do this post for awhile now.

I have a PC to play osu! with, but I thought it was all well and good to get my laptop osu too so I can play it when I'm not home. When I playtested it on my laptop, I found that when I first open it up and play a beatmap, it will always freeze. The game will stop, no music will play, nothing can be interacted with. If I click lmb, the loading cursor will come up, but not the "osu! is not responding" window. After a minute or few, the game will start the beatmap as if nothing happened. That's one crux of the problem.

Another is the sudden spikes of lag. This one happens at random while I play a beatmap; the ms thing (the one at the bottom right) suddenly spikes to the few hundreds as my game freezes for a second before resuming the game, making me miss the notes that happen to be appearing at that moment. You can see how annoying that would get, especially when trying to play a long map.

I tried changing my gameplay settings but none are working as well as I want them to; currently, the ones I have are Unlimited FPS, Detect performance issues, 1366x768, Letterboxing and only snaking sliders and hit lighting available for the details part.

My laptop is a Dell Precision M6500 with an intel core i7 q740 1.73 ghz, 4 gb of RAM, windows 10 (64 bit), and my gfx card is an nvidia quadro 2800M 3gb.