forum

[resolved] Random fps drops makes game nearly unplayable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KingKandy
Please take a gander at the fps/latency counter at the bottom right

https://youtu.be/eAqA17JzLpc

This is not as bad as it has been, but it is still pretty bad. My playtime is usually fluid as far as graphics go, however this happens on random days. The client drops to 30fps at the menu screen, and the latency appears to be fluctuating parallel to the fps
Death
Please try closing anything you have running in the background. Sometimes a simple restart of your computer can also help.
Topic Starter
KingKandy
No it didnt, just came back from a fresh restart.

Should I try an uninstall and reinstall?
Death
Reinstalling probably won't help. If you have any startup programs that might be using up resources close them. From your video it looked like you had quite a few things running. Please also try updating or reinstalling your graphics drivers.
Topic Starter
KingKandy
Ive just now noticed fcbd.bat in my system startup so I disabled that. The graphics driver does not appear to need a reinstall, and Overwatch runs fluidly at 70fps on my laptop so I do not think it is the issue. I assumed Malware would also be an issue, but my antivirus does not detect anything of that nature

I am currently running diagnostics in the HP support center for my laptop to see whats going on

Update 2: I have optimized my laptop (removed internet cookies and history, deleted temporary files, emptied recycle bin, etc.) to clear up some storage

It fixed the issue, thanks for your assistance though!